carbed lt1 lets try tbi plate and make it a fi lol - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-08-2009, 09:49 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

carbed lt1 lets try tbi plate and make it a fi lol

Hey all long time no see.. I just put a lt1 b-body in my camaro (1985) took the fi off went cab with intake NOW I wanna try a tbi adapter plate for carb engine and make it tbi for shi***s and giggles I know most will say why did you take the lt1 fi off in the first place but hell can't a man play I think with the bigger runners on the carb intake and tbi she should still haul *** and be decent on gas... Let m e know what you all think I think it would be fun to try just to say I did it.. I mean really ? Who does a fi to carb to fi mod LOL Any people who wanna pipe in POSITIVE advice please do thanx for looking let the fun begin !

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-09-2009, 12:35 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghomer
Hey all long time no see.. I just put a lt1 b-body in my camaro (1985) took the fi off went cab with intake NOW I wanna try a tbi adapter plate for carb engine and make it tbi for shi***s and giggles I know most will say why did you take the lt1 fi off in the first place but hell can't a man play I think with the bigger runners on the carb intake and tbi she should still haul *** and be decent on gas... Let m e know what you all think I think it would be fun to try just to say I did it.. I mean really ? Who does a fi to carb to fi mod LOL Any people who wanna pipe in POSITIVE advice please do thanx for looking let the fun begin !
If your Camaro was a originally a 305 or 350 with a MAF,TPI system on it, it wouldn't be too hard to have bungs welded into the carb intake you have; then put the original TPI system on it. Not that you can't put TBI on that's do-able of course. These can be done using mostly OEM parts. The bungs can be had from several sources like Holley. The original MAF and throttle body can be used with an adapter plate and a little ingenuity.

Bogie
Old 11-09-2009, 12:49 PM
How fast is fast enough?

Last photo:

you're better off just running a ported LT1 factory manifold.
Old 11-09-2009, 06:38 PM

Last photo:

I agree, an LT1 intake woudl work nicely.

peace
Hog
Old 11-09-2009, 09:48 PM

thanx for tips etc

I am planning to run the gm performance lt1 carb intake I know I can do a tpi setup but my car came carb in 85/6 I want to use the adapter plate and use a tbi harness and throttle body ( as under the breather most would never know it was tbi tee hee) I think it would run decent and be rednek fuel injected. I have the intake off the lt1 etc but I have been down that road wanna try something new besides tbi is so easy to hook up and with minor mods it can haul *** I think I am only stumped on if the ecm will handle the lt1 cam that is the only problem I can see but seeing this was a b0body lt1 I think it was a slightly smaller cam than the f-body ALSO for all of you about to say the aluminum f-body lt1 was better you might wanna do some research the b-body made more torque and was only 15hp lower.hmmmmmmmmmm now that i have the lt1 carb intake it is up to 35% more torque and equal in hp JUST a tid bit PLUS I can run pump gas. Anyone who knows a place or thinks the ecm will be fine let me know.. This is going to be one of the cheapest builds I have done since you all helpeed me here on my chev 4x4 tbi mod.. Thanx again
Old 11-09-2009, 10:54 PM

Last wiki edit: Hand cleaner Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 3

if you use only one 2 barrel TBI unit, use one from a 454, the bores are a little bigger.

if you have the stock LT1 cam, it shouldn't be a problem.
with computer tuning, there are people running much bigger cams with fuel injection without a problem.

for best performance, you'll need an ECM that you can tune.
you have a few choices here.
1, get one of the aftermarket systems.
2, get a mega squirt.
3, use a factory TBI ECM and get the software to edit the bin and the hardware to burn chips.
4, get a EBL.

the aftermarket systems are viable, but if something happens to the ECM, you'll be down until you can get another one.
for the price, i feel the aftermarket systems are not a good deal.

with a mega squirt, you build it yourself so you should be able to trouble shoot and repair it.
im not sure about the MS 2, but the MS 1 wouldn't control ignition timing.

a with factory system, data logging is on the slow side unless you use an ECM from one of the later model pickups like a 94 or 95.
using a 94 or 95 TBI ECM would let you run an E-transmission like a 4L60E or a 4L80E.

the EBL, or Embedded Lockers is based on a factory GM ECM.
i've talked on-line to a number of people who have the EBL and most are quite happy with it.
http://www.dynamicefi.com/

with any computer tuning, there is a learning curve involved.
the info for learning computer tuning is available for free on the internet on a number of web sites.

you'll probably need an adjustable fuel pressure regulator.
even with computer tuning, the fuel pressure still needs to be within a certain range.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.