Hot Rod Forum banner

Careful With The Salt

1K views 14 replies 11 participants last post by  techron 
#1 ·
#4 ·
It seems to me that once people get fame and fortune they suddenly get stupid assuming anything can be fixed with money and everything is chrome and billet and they have no idea how to turn a wrench, get grease under their fingernails, and have someone else change the oil.

I'll be poor and unfamous, thank you very much. :thumbup:

#7 · (Edited)
You know, I can't laugh at that, it turns my stomach to see the salt MOLESTED like that. I have been out there in the middle of the salt, it is a beautiful thing. It is hundreds if not thousands of square miles of PERFECTLY flat white sparkling salt. To see it so damaged makes me mad.

Why in the living hell do we need something like that friggin motorhome out there at all?

Brian

#9 ·
MARTINSR said:
You know, I can't laugh at that, it turns my stomach to see the salt MOLESTED like that. I have been out there in the middle of the salt, it is a beautiful thing. It is hundreds if not thousands of square miles of PERFECTLY flat white sparkling salt. To see it so damaged makes me mad.

Why in the living hell do we need something like that friggin motorhome out there at all?

Brian

Over at the Chevelle site, I posted that I would be very dissappointed if they (Boyd & entourage) did not have to pay for the damages.
There has been an ongoing effort to restore the 'Flats' to 1960s condition for over a decade now.
Having lived not too far from there at one time---Brian is absolutely correct.
It is a quite a sight to see.

Bryan

#12 ·
It was just off to the side of the course.
There WERE warnings of the thin salt layer.
Combined with a wet winter----this made for a very soggy base.

Knowing there was a thin layer of salt AND driving that brick out onto it was just assinine.

Mikey-----thanks for the "save the salt" thing.
Being 'puter stoopid---have no idea how to find these things and post 'em.
The more people that are aware of this, the better.
And I ain't even a tree hugger type of guy-----But this place is one of a kind! :thumbup:

#15 ·
poncho62 said:
Wouldn't have happened to anyone but Floyd Cotterpin....................Just goes to show that if you havn't a clue, stay away.

Does make me wonder if the tow guys had a clue either.
FLOYD COTTERPIN......best one EVAR. i would watch a american hottroder show with floyd, duane, and the trolls marching out of there. we need to get out of here because we need to do another car in two weeks. if boyd found a wrench out there on the flats he wouldnt know what it was!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.