Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - carpet binding
Thread: carpet binding
View Single Post
Old 12-14-2009, 04:08 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by esty
This is my 1st post in this forum but I read the interior section daily….about 4 months ago I bought a cheap Brother LX-3125 sewing machine at walmart for under $70.00 & started making carpet kits for BMW 2002’s…so far I’ve made, sold & ship’d 136 sets….

I don’t have any problems sewing with my cheap machine…I don’t have a walking foot or any other attachments…I buy marine vinyl at the local fabric store and generally find everything I need in the remnants section for $3.00 a yard…I cut it into strips, use a small bead of hot glue to fasten it upside down to the face of the carpet so it doesn’t move when I’m sewing it then sew it to the carpet…

Then I fold the vinyl over the edge of the carpet and hot glue it to the back of the carpet…I was concerned about the glue releasing but I made a set for myself this way over a year ago and have not had any problems…one would have to tear the carpet and vinyl in order to separate the two materials

Just thought I’d share
I'm getting ready to try some carpet binding myself.What size thread and needle did you use on these? They look great