I ripped off a couple of the messed up 90 deg corners. I used the 2 piece method and it looks ok for this go around. i learned a good bit here.
The gas pedal opening I trimmed it round and sewed a piece of vinyl upside down as shown in the sticky. Then I added contact cement and carefully folded the edges over and lightly cut the edges for a bit more stretch. Then I went back and sewed "in the ditch". Wow,, probably the best part of the whole project.
I know pictures are best but I'm not quite finished so I'll try and take some when I'm done with this temporary install.
Man this machine is fast and powerful. I really need a servo motor but I keep getting budget setbacks. I did use the smaller pulley which helped a lot. Too bad there isn't a miniature "Crowerglide clutch" for these. That I would understand and be able to use. haha