Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Carpet binding ..need help
View Single Post
Old 01-09-2012, 10:53 AM
bentwings

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dan has already noted the "training wheels" when I first got this machine. I know I have to run it at speed and part of the reason I haven't got the servo is that I'd like to use this as designed. I struggle a bit sometimes but I have figured out how to "bump" it and slip the clutch when necessary otherwise I'm pretty comfortable with the speed it runs at now. This isn't a full time job for me so I never will get up to the "pro" level. I just ask for a little technique help on occasion to cut the learning curve.

This was actually fun and I was amazed at how nice the binding looked compared to the "pro" jobs that were done on two of my cruize buddies A Bone and 35 Ford. These just have the binding rolled over the carpet edge and sewed. While it is ok the stiches aren't especially straight and even and don't give a finished look to their high end stuff. JMHO.

My ride and any other I get will be fiberglass cars and they are considerably more difficult to deal with on the interior and other places. Probably why you don't see many of them with lots of miles on them nor even finished. I already have 18k in 2 years on mine and I drove it a couple days ago in light snow. It's not a show car and was never intended to be one.

Anyway I always appreciate the help and a pat on the back for trying hard is always nice too.