Carpet and Seat Suppliers - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Interior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-20-2008, 08:58 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Carpet and Seat Suppliers

I am working on the interior of a 1963 Chevy Pick up and want more color options for the carpet and seat; more options than what LMC have to offer, etc.

Any suggestions out there on who may be a good source for variety?

Thanks
Andy

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-20-2008, 09:01 PM

Last wiki edit: Ford axle ratio codes
Last journal entry: Rear Suspension
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 31

I used These guys for my '51 Chevy, but I have yet to install the kit.. I can say, the quality is top notch and there customer service is excelent.. they will have the correct pattern for your truck seat so fitament should not be a problem
Old 05-20-2008, 09:26 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Check here for carpet CLICK HERE As far as the seat goes, why not have it done by an upholsterer? Truck seats are as simple as they come, and are not expensive to have re-done. Check out this thread: TRUCK SEAT

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.
Old 05-21-2008, 08:03 PM

Last photo:

Thanks for the help

Thanks guys for the ideas. The seat in the 1963 is worn as though it is older than original. There is a significant dip in the springs in the driver position. I will look into the first link, but also consider a seat only and upholster to finsih the job.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:03 AM

Last journal entry: 32 Ford cabriolet conversion/windshield
Last photo:

On the 60-66 carpets; there are 2 floor types. low tunnel for 3 speed & auto, and high tunnel for floor shifted 4 speed truck trans. Make sure the supplier offers the correct one. 10 years ago, it took 3 shipments/returns, to NEVER get the right one for mine. The supplier had no freaking idea on the 2 styles! I ended up buying the carpet from a local uph shop...one order is all it took. They also did my seat from scratch with material they had samples of.
Old 05-22-2008, 06:16 AM

Last journal entry: The Chevy Bench Seat - Part 52
Last photo:

If your seat frame isn't bent, twisted, tweaked, or rusted so badly that it's unusable, there's no need to get a new one unless you're after something more modern. Your old frame can be repaired by replacing some of the worn out springs. DanTwoLakes has covered this in a thread about rebuilding a bucket seat frame in this thread:

http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/buck...ir-117899.html

Your bench seat frame won't be too different, and the shop that does the seat covers should be able to do the frame repair for you with no problems. A guy in my upholstery class is restoring a '67 Chevelle, and he went so far as to strip the seat frames of all upholstery, foam, and springs, then he took them down and had them sand blasted and powdercoated. He then replaced all of the springs in class and started from scratch. The powdercoating (I'd have just painted them with a rattle can) was bit of overkill, I know, but he'll never have a problem with those seat frames again.
Old 05-22-2008, 07:09 PM

Last wiki edit: How to title a hot rod Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 6

I'm in love with this carpet:
http://www.yourautotrim.com/80wideozite.html

It stretches ALOT. It looks nice. It has no backing so you can trim it to a nice edge without a sewed on edge. It's 80 inches wide. It's cheap.

Installed:

Larry
Old 05-22-2008, 07:45 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Contact adhesive
Last journal entry: 49 Packard
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 22

Yes, you can put this in your vehicle without binding it because it is a synthetic that does not fray on its cut edges. There is another product called Spectropile which is just like this. Both of these items are intended to be sewn into the bottom of the back of the front seat of production line cars. If you kick it with your feet while sitting in the back seat, you won't do any damage to the bottom of the front seat. There is nothing wrong with using these two products as carpeting if you're on a budget, but, if you do, bind the edges to give it a finished look. Any carpet, or anything used in place of carpet, will look better if it is bound at the edges. These two products are as easy as pie to bind because they are very thin. JMO.

No one lives forever, the trick is creating something that will.

Recent Interior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.