Cars we Shoulda, Woulda, Coulda... - Page 4 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-21-2013, 08:57 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

When I was in my early 20's, I had an opportunity to buy an older Corvette convertible for $2500 - when I checked with my insurance company they told me my insurance would be $2500 every year - higher if I got any tickets! I passed.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-21-2013, 11:14 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:

What I posted earlier about SGI insurance made me curious, so I went to their website to price out plates/registration/insurance, assuming a "neutral" safety rating (0)
SGI - Online services
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8

Quote:
Registration Date: 21Apr2013 Vehicle: 2010 DODGE CHALLENGER SRT-8
Class: LV - Light Vehicle Safety Rating: 0

The registration and insurance for this vehicle is $1327.00 per year. Based on the information you have chosen, this registration would expire on 20Apr2014.
If this car was an 2010 SE model :

Quote:
Registration Date: 21Apr2013 Vehicle: 2010 DODGE CHALLENGER SE

The registration and insurance for this vehicle is $1210.00 per year. Based on the information you have chosen, this registration would expire on 20Apr2014.
So ... $117.00 more for the SRT-8. I'm assuming that the difference would be based largely on the replacement cost.
I also had a look at the price to insure a 2012 SRT-8 model, and it really wasn't a lot more.

I'm thinking that insuring a vehicle is still fairly reasonable in the flat-land province to the east of us.

edit:
OK, What would I pay to insure MY daily driver?
Quote:
Registration Date: 21Apr2013 Vehicle: 2004 PONTIAC GRAND PRIX GT 4DR

The registration and insurance for this vehicle is $1117.00 per year. Based on the information you have chosen, this registration would expire on 20Apr2014.
Here in Alberta, we pay for registration and insurance separately.
This is what I pay, with multi-vehicle and safe driver discounts factored in.
Insurance: $662.00

Last edited by 66GMC; 04-21-2013 at 11:31 AM.
Old 04-21-2013, 11:28 AM
Faith - Respect - Trust

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 66GMC View Post
What I posted earlier about SGI insurance made me curious, so I went to their website to price out plates/registration/insurance, assuming a "neutral" safety rating (0)
SGI - Online services
2010 Dodge Challenger SRT-8

If this car was an 2010 SE model :

So ... $117.00 more for the SRT-8. I'm assuming that the difference would be based largely on the replacement cost.
I also had a look at the price to insure a 2012 SRT-8 model, and it really wasn't a lot more.

I'm thinking that insuring a vehicle is still fairly reasonable in the flat-land province to the east of us.
I've lived in every province in Western Canada, I spent about 10 years in Saskatchewan...There's only one thing I miss about Saskatchewan...SGI. They have great rates for insurance no doubt but, what I like being in the collision repair business there, they where fair with Body shops when it came to rates that they paid out..The labor rate was higher than non Government Insurance Provinces, they're hourly material rate for paint was higher and you didn't need to check with 37 different companies to make sure that you where getting the best rate. Kind of makes you wonder how much money private insurance is making with higher rates and lower pay outs.

I even had several vehicles that where written off in Saskatchewan and one of them I didn't like the payout, so they adjusted it, all I needed to do was prove that a vehicle of the same age and condition recently sold for more than what they where originally prepared to pay. When I went to show the adjuster a classified add for the same car, not a word of a lie, he held up an auto trader and said this is what we usually go by, made a couple of calls and cut me a check.

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.