Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Carter AFB 625 Carb.. ?
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2010, 07:15 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff J
sqzbox,
What I did, lubed the engine, changed the gas, shot wd-40 and penzoil up into the cylinders, turned the engine over by hand, turned the oil pump with an electric drill, then turned the engine over using the starter, I did put new oil in first, thats about where its at now, have new plugs, points and condesor installed. I think I have the #1 piston and distributor in the correct position to start. 1969 Camaro.. 350 been sitting in my garage unstarted for 12 years, wish me luck. JeffJ.
A few more things, tried to roll it out in the driveway last night to start it, didn't have any brakes, So the start may be on hold for a while, its been 12 years, I;m in no hurry,, :-), Still need to drain the old anitfreeze out, I mentioned this before, but will again, when I drained the oil it had about a cup of antifreeze in the oilpan. Was told this may or may not be a problem, depends on if the gasket will seal itself back up. If I can get it to start, I will let it run for a few, then check the oil again. When I first poped the plug off, the anti freeze was the first thing to run out, which of course it should, so I don't think any of the engine componets were actaully sitting in anti freeze. thanks again