Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Carter AFB Carburetor Identification and rebuild kit
View Single Post
Old 11-15-2012, 02:37 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by keitho64 View Post
I am trying to identify a carburetor I have for a Corvair project I am working on. It is a Carter AFB (embossed on the casting) and there is also a tag on the carb with the numbers 2632 and 42009. It is setup with a manual choke.

I found some information that shows it could be a carb off a late 50's Chrysler with dual quads and it is 400CFM. However the number should be 2632S and mine is just 2632. I hope it is a 400CFM as that is what I would like to try.

Do any of you know a place that can assist identifying the carb?
Do any of you know what rebuild kits may fit?

I am a novice with Carter's. I have worked on Edlebrock's (which are Carter AFB 9000 if my memory is correct), Rocherster's and Holley's but never an old AFB Carter.

Thank you,

Keith
As I remember form my Carter AFB days and consulting with Jon Hardgrove "The Carb King", the suffix "S" means "original assembly" and sometimes the "S" is omitted. The letter following the carb number or following the suffix "S" , example: 2953SA, the letter A means the first revision, and B means the second, C means the third, etc.