Hot Rod Forum banner

Carter Competition AFB List

3K views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  1BAD80 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Just got here because I was looking (on Google) for a listing of Carter Competition AFB numbers.

Do any of you know of a website which I can go to, that has the base casting numbers, together with the matching cfm data???

My Google search introduced me to your site.......... which is super killer!!!

Just spent the last 15-20 minutes reading over the lead vs. bondo thread. Oh Boy!!

I look forward to being able to spend a bit more time in here in the future.

My current project needs a kickstart (again), so checking out others making progress tends to help.

Thanks,

uba40

#3 ·
Carter AFB Data

Stepside,

Thanks. Went there, the primary information I was able to google for was all the assorted information on Federal Moguls Bankruptcy.

I didn't need a reminder about that fiasco, the money I lost on that stock would have bought a near perfect numbers matching Camaro Convertible!!!

Anyways, I figured my best bet was to find a website where someone had already amassed the data for their own use.

I have simillar list like that for the Dodge Red Ram Hemi group of engines. I have computerized the engine id numbers, together with many of the casting numbers from several sources. As I tell folks when I share the data, I have gathered it, but it is up to you to verify whether or not you depend on it. So far, no glaring errors. :D

Thanks

uba40

#5 ·
Carter AFB Data

1Bad80.............

Whoa!!!!!!!!! What a find. That is an exceptional piece of data for anybody tuning AFB's..................

Thanks so much. :D

Please do not read this as being ungrateful for what you just did for me. I have already archived this for reference when I get to the tuning stages.

The reason I posted the question was because I am in the process of building a Dodge 325 cubic inch Hemi. It is 6-71 Blown. I already have two 500 cfm Edelbrock AFB's for it, but really want 2 500 cfm Carter Competition AFB's. It is a nostalgic kinda thing. I can get new Carter Competitions, which are close, BUT, not exactly what I want........

Or........ I can look for a pair of new old stock old style carbs, which is what I REALLY want.......

The problem is......... I do not know the doggone numbers (stamped) which I should be looking for. That is why I posted this thread.

So, I am guessing that I did not phrase the question properly.

BUT, if this site has a buddy list, OR a goodguy list........... YOU are at the top of mine. That is a really neat piece of data. :thumbup:

Thanks Again,

uba40........... I owe ya one..........

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.