View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 01:33 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
Its hard to justify using a carb now a days

not really.. I have carb's the rebuild kits are cheap..
EFI might be wonderfull but most don't have 1500+ to blow on it..
yes I'd love to get a holley hp efi for my 489 but the funds are just not there..
I wish I could but 99.oo master holley 3301-3 rebuild kit . or 1800.00 for the holley mpf efi hp kit..+ injectors and pump /lines so 2400.oo ish
the megasquirt is an option but that be more for someone thats either got a buddy thats already into the efi tuning that can guide you some..
or try it on an engine you don't care if you blow a hole in a piston learning..
and truthfully some engines.. like the bbc . where junkyard intakes and injectors really are not aval..
the cost isn't that much cheaper than the holley set up..
once you factor in the ecu /fuel rails/injectors/pump/lines/wiring/relays or relay board, communation cable and ubs adapter..
IF I can find a TPI this spring in a junkyard I will tinker with efi on my worn out 305 in my truck and learn on it.. as that is a cheap way to go.. 300-500 for the tpi and then the harness and ms ecu and cable/pump /line
the suck part of that.. is the TPI won't work on my 355 with big port heads.. so it's learn then start over... carb you can bolt from one engine to another. change jets(cheap) maybe a shooter/ramps/power valve( under 50 bucks)
and go..
has anyone priced a set of 8 injectors lately??? poof bye 1000.oo+