Thread: A Case To EFI
View Single Post
Old 03-30-2013, 02:32 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinniekq2 View Post
If you make serious power and want excellent control of tuning,want to drive in mountainous regions,want to race and not tune at the track,have the ability to have a "valet" tune,want easier starting and cold drive ability then E.F.I. has many advantages that may well be worth considering.
same thing with using crank fired ignition and not worrying about cam chain stretch,distributor bearing wear,etc.
As better parts are introduced,using them is up to the individual,,
lol,some people still use points and dont use seat belts
true.. but the buy in. is steep for cars that might see 2000-5000 miles ayear and used only in warm weather (cold start issues, not)
yes a big hp package it's easier to tune for more power. but then again.. those dumping 10-15k in an engine another 2000-3000k isn't gonna make or break their budget..
as for mountains.. how the hell did we ever get by before efi??
yes it's kool to just open a laptop/tablet and tune for that track.. or sealevel.. but not everyone needs that.. nor. can eat the buy in..
even in this hobby 2-3000 is still big money..
yes I'd not run a turbo again without efi.. but at that point budget isn't a word used in the engine build.. no matter what the ls guys say..
unless you call a 1000+ turbo /400+ in tubing/ blow off valve,waste gate 600.oo/ headers 400-600+/ and bigger injectors 1000 and the tuner to tune it 500+..

for most that extra power isn't needed and the huge cost is a turn off..
yes more power is always nice.. but I'll never understand why today.. the carb intakes are not alreadt drilled for efi bungs and just capped..
and I'd love to know why a throttlebody cost more than a carb with 1-12th the parts..