Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - casket car register
View Single Post
Old 11-22-2012, 06:06 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by timothale View Post
There is a wiki here on hotrodders "how to title a hotrod" Information for a lot of states, Read all the posts you can find for your state, also read arrowhead's posts about the problems he had in new york registering his 33 FFR build. the engine number in his donor car did not match and the state confiscated his engine WITH EXPENSIVE parts he had added.

that will happen in almost any state.. with a kit or home built car..
you need reciepts for EVERYTHING.... if you buy a donor car, you have to check that the engine is the correct one that was factory to that domor.. or have the fact that is doesn't match on the bill of sale and noterized..
if the state can't prove it's a stolen piece, he should get it back..
anyone that buys parts on craigslist or ebay, needs to record the transaction.. kit car or not..
to much hot stuff online being sold.. they find one part , and they can take your whole vehicle..
in the case above the kit car owner had no receipt for the engine..
always list the engine #'s, rear end#'s and trans #'s of the donor car on bill of sale.. to cover your behind..
I video the whole car inside and out before I remove it from the sellers land to my home.. if it's hot you're still loosing it.. but at least they'll beable to go back to the seller.. and if they charge you with "receiving stolen parts" you'll have a leg to stand on, in court..

Last edited by gearheadslife; 11-22-2012 at 06:14 AM.