Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Caster--Camber
Thread: Caster--Camber
View Single Post
Old 07-08-2006, 01:49 PM
Save a horse, Ride a Cowboy.

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Dropped spindles try Heigts. (sp?)

Remember those manuals have factory alignment specs for BIAS ply tires only.

I would find an alignment guy that will listen to what you want and you should align the car for the tires used. Trouble is, few have a clue as to what it might actually need for your lowered height or tire type.

IMO few "ASE certified mechanic" alignment guys can find their butt with both hands. They can go by the book but don't have a clue as to what they are really doing.

I used to have an alignment and tire shop years ago, and in the last few years have had more than one car screwed up by the ASE boys. In their over confidence they align old cars with poor technique, improper tools (Ford) and will bend and screw up your car with their incompetancy.

I had one shop align a car and the tires squeeled when driving forward across the parking lot, and they argued with me that it was aligned correctly..... after much bashing and badgering and complaining, they actually let me align the car myself on their rack. Their rack had not been calibrated in months.... I had to run a calibration on their rack for them before I did the alignment.

More than once I have stopped an alignment mechanic while my car was up on the rack and made him take it down and I left their premises. Idiots.

signed,
Crabby Old Fart
who believes in doing it right

www.readershotrods.com

Last edited by xntrik; 07-08-2006 at 02:38 PM.