Thread: Caster--Camber
View Single Post
Old 07-22-2006, 09:50 PM

Last wiki edit: Swapping to rack and pinion steering
Last journal entry: 53 coupe
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 88

Caster/camber

Bryan, you are in luck, cause you are in San Antonio.
General Brake and Alignment on s. Nogalitos has been in the business about 60 years, or something ridiculous. Their specialty is trucks, so they have frame straightning equipment, can bend crossmemebers, twin I beams, straight axels. You name it. They do car alignments on an old fashioned machine, no computers. Tommy is the shop foreman. Tell him Don sent you. They aligned my 41 Pontiac - original front end - last week. I'll pick it up monday (Yes, you may have to leave it, cause they are going to work on it till it's right. could be an hour, could be a week. they had to dissassemble my upper control arms to free the adjusters. Looks like it hadn't been moved in 40 years, but I cut 3 Inches out of the front springs and I needed a drastic change) In addition to good tire wear, you need good handling. Tommy will drive it with you to see what it is doing wrong and fix it. Been using them exclusively for my brakes and suspension work for 30 years. Everything from the wife's Jaguar to the Motor Home. I have no financial interest in them, just want to plug some guys who do it right.