Caught Boyd ********* hot rod show - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-13-2007, 05:38 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Caught Boyd ********* hot rod show

I won't use his whole name since I don't want Google to find this thread! LOL

I caught his hot rod building show twice now on TV. All I can say is what a joke!! Personally, I think he is way to arrogant and snotty to have his own show. Yes, he's a great designer and builder, but his show sucks!! The guys are always whining and fighting and throwing temper tantrums and walking off the set. If it were me, I'd fire all of them and 86 the whole idea of the show. I"ll take "Trick my Truck" and Foose anyday!!

Ok, i'm done complaining!

Mark

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-13-2007, 05:45 PM

Last journal entry: time flies
Last photo:

yeah as i posted in another thread . i couldn't work in that shop. its worse than baby sitting a bunch of kids. it has no real management direction and that leads to most of the problems.

maybe all we see is just drama for the tv cameras and the shop really runs much better than that and everybody doesn't really quit and walk out...
Old 07-13-2007, 07:17 PM

Last photo:

Ask Any Small Business Owner And It Seems Like All You Are Is A Freakin Big Baby Sitter.most Employee's Today Seem To Be Dickheads Who Can't Seem To Perform Their Job To Save Their Life. Now Dealing With Guys Who Have A Skill Or Trade Is Even Better. While You Might Not Like Boyd Let's Be Serious He Is One Of The Names Who Has Helped To Make The Auto World What It Is .i Don't Work For Boyd Nor Do I Know Him And No My Nose Isn't Brown But Let's Be Serious How Many Of Us Really Have His Talent. He Didn't Get To Where He Is Cause He Doesn't Know **** . There Is A Reason People Are Willing To Pay Money For His Name On Their Car
Old 07-13-2007, 07:40 PM

Last journal entry: My 1962 Falcon
Last photo:

re: Caught Boyd ********* hot rod show

I have seen so many of his shows where he cut corners on alot of his builds. I would not trust him to build a car for me. And if any of you have not seen these mistakes on his shows then you are as blind as my left eye. Most pay high dollors for his builds, and if they saw what i saw i would pull my car out of there and not pay another dime. You can make any car look good from the outside, but to say dont worry about it, as no one will ever see it thats not the kind of guy i want to buy a car from.
Old 07-13-2007, 10:18 PM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

I liked it wen what's his name was under Bernts truck and Bernt caught him. Then he tried to twist it around like he was doing nothing wrong. I was waiting on Bernt to smack him right in the mouth. If someone horseplays the ones that have worked for Boyd pitch a ***** about screwing off, but in the next scene they are pulling the pranks and then get pissed when somone calls them on it. Looks to me like the money they get paid, their fulltime attention would be on their work. Man I hate Boyds show.
Old 07-14-2007, 05:57 AM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

TV isn't real............It's a TV show.........TV reality shows are CRAP...........They are NOT real life.................Get over it...................

Budget RVs
Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 AM

Last photo:

ok so tell me how many times has your boss taking you out to amusement park,driving school go kart track for the day? at some point in his career must have done the work himself to build the reputation he has .and after all whether you watch the show cause you like him or think he's an a@@hole you still watched it. maybe he isnt your cup of tea but you must admit he has done a lot for he hobby in general in mostly a good way .lighten up no one is perfect
Old 07-14-2007, 09:38 AM
Takes Guts To Cut One Up

Last photo:

Sounds a little like sour grapes guys! Hey it is television don't you think it is a little scripted? If there weren't controversy and problems it would be just another how to show. Not much different than the Chopper show where Paul Sr is an !#$^%$#. Hey it is television hopefully you guys don't believe all you see on TV besides Boyd is laughing at you all the way to the Bank.
Old 07-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Not Considered a Senior Member

Last photo:

I see his face on posters in parts stores and such, never seen his show. I don`t look at him as talented and I don`t like his work or designs. I think he knew who`s rails to grease to get where he is, he sure don`t impress me none. It`s certainly true most tv shows today are crap, like that show "pinks" I can`t watch it cause it`s so phony and staged, it reminded me of divorce court only on a drag strip. The way I`ve always looked at it is simple, get your car out there, do your burn out, stage it, and run it, da*n all this debating and talking and someone running around trying to play judge. I also don`t understand why they even call it pinks, as pink slips are titles, and most of the cars they run on that show are not street cars and are not street legal and they don`t even have a title to them. Real Pinks is 2 street cars that race title for title. So really if I have no pink slip and I didn`t sign any kind of agreement, there`s nothing to say I have to hand over my car. The funniest part I seen on there was where a Nova raced a corvette, the corvette took him, they showed the Nova driver after the race and all he said was "that car`s fast" in a cool voice, had he really lost that Nova, rich or poor don`t matter, he would have been crying.
Old 07-14-2007, 03:34 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Last year at the Nats I cornered Boyd and asked him a catch 22 question designed to tell if he is just an idiot or a real butthole. The question was: "Boyd, tell me... is your show scripted or is that the way things really happen?" If he answered its scripted then everyone would know he's a sell out and is in it just for the money. If he answered that's the way it really happens then everyone would know he's a total idiot. As it turns out his answer was, " That's the real way things happen in the shop."

His answer proved that he 1. knows nothing about how to manage people. and 2. he really is an idiot. I especially liked the episode where he starts a customers car (engine probably cost ten grand or more) and it has no oil pressure. He lets it run for five minutes or so while he's trying to figure out why it has no oil pressure. As it turned out the pickup had fallen off the oil pump and it indeed had NO OIL PRESSURE. Great way to treat your customer's brand new engine. Boyd is a perfect example of someone who is a total sell out. Not only does he not know how to manage people, he knows little about how to manage a business (he's declared bankruptcy at least once I'm aware of).

His lack of people skills is why he and Chip Foose don't get a long. Chip worked for Boyd before he went out on his own. Watching how Boyd treats his employees it's easy to see why Chip left.

Old 07-14-2007, 06:55 PM
likes chevy trucks & boobies

Last photo:

i love this thread

yes i have watched the show before, but only a couple of them bfore i got tired of watching the crap

i just wanted to watch and see what it was all about

i found out pretty quickly

the pinks show yeahhhh thats kinda crazy i cant believe some of the cars that come on there and race

i just cant believe that some of these cars just get handed over to someone else like that

i sure as hell wouldnt bring a car like a 70 yenko nova 427 SC to race on there to possibly lose it

see it happen on there all the time

theres no way...

something is fishy.

so i dont watch that crap either

good luck
Old 07-14-2007, 08:21 PM

Last wiki edit: Mopar tapered axle rear brake conversion
Last journal entry: What I'm doing now...
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 49

Quote:
Originally Posted by fast68
.........the pinks show yeahhhh thats kinda crazy i cant believe some of the cars that come on there and race

i just cant believe that some of these cars just get handed over to someone else like that

i sure as hell wouldnt bring a car like a 70 yenko nova 427 SC to race on there to possibly lose it

see it happen on there all the time

theres no way...

something is fishy.

so i dont watch that crap either

good luck
If you think Pinks is for real, think again. It's all hype and no cars really change hands. That's just TV marketed to the gullible. Just like any other "reality" TV show. Nothing is real and everything is designed to make the audience believe its real. It's all about ratings. If they can fool enough people into believing its real then their ratings will go up and the advertisers will be happy little campers.
Old 07-14-2007, 08:23 PM

Last journal entry: 2 photoshoots.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

There is only one way to watch that show or that chopper show. watch the first episode of a build to see what the car looked like before, then watch the last episode to catch how it looks after. All the crap in between is just that.... CRAP.

As was stated earlier, it is scripted. I don't care what he says, it is scripted! If it wasn't, it would be live and it isn't. There is NO WAY all that drama is going on in a successful business. NO WAY AT ALL! It's television. MAKE BELIEVE, PRETEND! Hollyfreakingwood!

If you want to see how a real shop operates, go check out a real shop. I'm sure there are a few who would give you a short tour if you were serious about using them.

As for Boyd, yes he has come out with a couple great cars, but that's it.... a couple. Most of his stuff looks like the darn Boydster! I like Chip Foose and I only try to watch the part where the car is done. His show is scripted too. Less drama, but scripted just the same.
Old 07-16-2007, 01:48 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:

Quote:
Most of his stuff looks like the darn Boydster!
If I remember correctly, Chip Foose did most of the design work on the Boydster but because he was working for B.C. at the time, it got Boyds name attached to it.
Old 07-16-2007, 05:55 AM
Last photo:

You guys are missing the whole point of these shows, it's not about the rods, the choppers ect, it's about the drama and how silly they can make it. Anyone who has been around cars since their teenage years recognizes it's all soap opera.

Vince

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.