caution about air tank vendor - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Garage - Tools
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-03-2005, 01:17 PM

Last wiki edit: How to document your project
Last journal entry: 1949 Olds -- Rotisserie, pt. 9
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

caution about air tank vendor

A little warning about compressorworld.com regarding shipping:
Find out how much shipping will be BEFORE you use their online
check-out. I didn't do that. I believed what their website says, which
is,

"The shipping fees for web orders are estimated on our web site when your order is processed. If the actual shipping price ends up being significantly more than estimated, we will contact you to confirm."

No shipping fee estimate appeared during the order processing. Ok, an air tank is a heavy item, so I expected to be contacted "to confirm". That didn't happen, so I emailed to ask when it was expected to ship. The reply was that it had shipped already and that someone named "Steve" would email me the shipping information "tomorrow". You know about "tomorrow", right? Yeah.

So, I used the tracking number and found out the tank had been transferred from the first carrier to a second carrier for delivery. I called and got the telephone number for the 2nd carrier. The 2nd carrier told me they don't deliver to my half of the state and would be "tendering the shipment back" to the 1st carrier. So I called the 1st again and was told it would be a good thing to fax directions (at long distance rates, of course). Over half an hour for 2 attempts because their fax machine failed to acknowledge EOP (end of page).

When the tracking page didn't change, and no reply came to my email describing the carrier foul-up and the fact that I still had no information about shipping costs, I sent an email to compressorworld telling them that I would contact the credit card company if I did not get a reply within 24 hours. That got a response, but still not even an estimate of the shipping charges. In fact I was told that they didn't know the shipping charges yet because the carrier had not invoiced them.

That tore it. I told them if they could find the shipper and the tank that they should send it back where it came from, if they could figure that out. "I no longer want the product because you apparently do not know (a) where it is, (b) where I am, (c) who can get it from a. to b., nor (d) how much it costs to do so."

Maybe they're just going through growing pains and I happened to hit one of the mistakes. The guy I corresponded with seemed sincere enough. That's no substitute for narrowing the shipping costs down to something between $0 and $infinity, though.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-23-2005, 03:45 PM

Last photo:

There has been another development in my troubles with Compressor World LLC. When I received my latest credit card statement, it had a charge on 8/11/2005 for $365.28 by Compressor World. Notice that this is over 2 months *after* the confirmed cancellation of my order of 25 May 2005.

Back on 3 June 2005, I had received an email from compressorworld.com which confirmed the order ($245.70 for an air tank) had been canceled. This email also had the very first mention of what the shipping charges would have been: $88. Now I'm no math professor but $245.70 + $88 does not appear to equal $365.28, so I'm not sure where that number came from.

Since I have no intention of paying for something I never received, had canceled over 2 months ago, that neither seller nor shipper could seem to find before the order was canceled, and could not obtain a shipping charge for before it was canceled, I emailed compressorworld.com to let them know I would dispute the charge. I then sent a letter to my credit card company with copies of the email correspondence.

Today, I received an email from compressorworld.com telling me that they had "credited" my credit card and were "sorry for the inconvenience."
Old 08-23-2005, 04:00 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Thanks for the Heads Up Grouch.....I will not be doing any business with them!
Old 08-23-2005, 07:20 PM

Last photo:

I think they have a few details to work out in their business plan.
Old 03-29-2007, 07:56 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

tankman

Yes, we are the supplier for this tank. We are growing but that's not an excuse. This one order did get missed and overlooked. Since this order we have added additional customer service representatives and have tried to do a better job. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck.

Matt Maz
Compressor World, LLC

Last edited by Jon; 03-29-2007 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Advertising. Please see: commercial posting guidelines.
Old 03-29-2007, 09:36 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman
Yes, we are the supplier for this tank. We are growing but that's not an excuse. This one order did get missed and overlooked. Since this order we have added additional customer service representatives and have tried to do a better job. Again, sorry for the inconvenience.

Good luck.

Matt Maz
Compressor World, LLC
508-230-7118 x 112
Uhhh - this thread is over 2 years old...not the best follow up
Old 03-29-2007, 11:12 PM
1955 2nd series Chevy Pick Up

Last journal entry: Body work and U bolts
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rambo_The_Dog
Uhhh - this thread is over 2 years old...not the best follow up

lol...funny
Old 03-30-2007, 04:25 AM

better late than never.... it took two years to find this message.
Old 03-30-2007, 06:32 AM

Last photo:

Hey Grouch...better check your credit card statement....they have re-opened the file.
Old 03-30-2007, 08:15 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 61 chevy
Hey Grouch...better check your credit card statement....they have re-opened the file.
Gee thanks, 61 chevy. Now people are looking at me and wondering why I'm laughing at a computer!

Quote:
Originally Posted by tankman
I'm curious. How do additional customer service representatives cure:

1. No shipping estimate appearing on the website when the order was processed,

2. No contact to confirm the shipping estimate that did not appear,

3. No contact before the item was (alleged) to have been shipped, even though the final price was undisclosed,

4. An email promising shipping information "tomorrow", when of course tomorrow never came,

5. The item apparently being shipped, before final pricing, before shipping information being confirmed, before the (ultimately broken) promise via email that the undisclosed shipping information would be sent "tomorrow",

6. The item being turned over to a carrier who could not deliver to the addressee (me),

7. The item then being turned over to a second carrier likewise unable to deliver,

8. The item then (allegedly) being returned to the first carrier,

9. The shipping charges remaining unknown to the company even at the time the order was finally cancelled,

10. The charge being erroneously applied to my credit card 2 months after the order was cancelled,

11. The erroneous charge being different from the price of the tank and the (alleged) shipping charges.

That seems to me to be a whole lot of inconvenience to cover with "addtional customer service representatives".

Recent Garage - Tools posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.