Hot Rod Forum banner

center link 79 firebird

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  sbchevfreak 
#1 ·
ive tryed every place i can think of and nobody has a center link for me, ive called napa, auto zone, silver and every other place front to back in the yellow pages in alberta canada and now i need some help. does anyone know of a aftermarket company that i could get a center ling off of?....websites fone numbers or anything to help me would be nice. remebmer im in canada tho (alberta)

#4 ·
Most auto parts stores should be able to get one of these......just go to the "Old Book"....at the store I use, they get it out as I walk in the door.

Another problem may be, is that the C/link on it may not be a wearable part (but, I think it is)....Sometimes, they won't list parts that generally don't wear our. I had that problem when I bent one on one of my 4X4s. Had to get it from the dealer, but it wasn't very old at the time.

Just did a Yahoo search............see here.

http://www.p-s-t.com/cl.html

Can't be that uncommon................

#6 ·
Last I checked, the joints bolted to the link, weren't part of it. You should be able to just change the tie rod ends and fix the problem. Usually, unless it is bent, cracked, or the tie rod ends have come loose and worn out the taper, you don't have to replace this part. You didn't have this inspected at Fountain Tire, did you?

#10 ·
Not to p!ss anyone off, but I asked this 'cause Fountain has a rep for pushing parts HARD!! It's because their mech's get commision on parts they put on (or used to)..... I wish I got that!

53, you ain't woofin! Crappy Tire! Hoooo Haaaaa heee hee! Even the guys I know that work there or have worked there say that place is a joke. And they worked in different cities!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.