Hot Rod Forum banner

century 160 welder control board trouble

6K views 5 replies 5 participants last post by  toddp442 
#1 ·
I would like to get some info on the control board in a 160 amp century welder model 117-037 . I need the number on the center Q2 transister. It is the center one of three that are mounted on the black heat sinks. If any one has one of these welders and would be willing to pull the side panel off and check it would be a big help. I can't seem to get info over the net. they all want to sell a new one for around $200.00.Can't find schematic on the net. HELP!

#3 ·
Cole. thanks for the info. I will check as you described. The front was burned and number unreadable. I did finally get through to a sevice tech at
A & A hydralics and he gave me the number of the updated transisters for the board also supposed to be heavier duty.
Q1 is aTIP142 and Q2 is a TIP 147 They replace TIP102 and TIP 107. I ordered them from http://www.parts-express.com/. This information is for others that may have this same problem. Once again I thank you for taking time to answer my thread. This is a great site!

#5 ·
I have a century 160, Model 117-037 and bought the whole control PC board from my local welding supply for 62.00.
Lincoln took over Century, but still services the Century welders and it took about 3 days to get it in after I ordered it.

I found that my pc board had a crack somewhere..and became intermittent.

Later, mikey

#6 ·
WFW160 control Board

I know that this is a long shot but I was wondering if by chance ultrawide is 1: still a member of this forum 2: still has the same welder and finally if he or anyone would be willing to look up the ic number for the IC behind Q1, I believe it to be IC1 but not sure as no markings on board unless under the chip and the IC next to Q2 is marked IC4 and there are only 4 on the board but still only a guess, any help would be greatly appreciated, as a replacement board is going for more than $200.00 and I can repair this one for maybe $10

Thanks`

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.