Hot Rod Forum banner

CFR Performance SBC Pulley Kits...any good?

7K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  ericnova72 
#1 ·
I have a small block 350 with 307 heads. The belts started screaming the other day when I got past 2500 rpm. Took a look at the brackets for the alternator and the P/S pump and they are some home made POS that the previous owner made so the pulleys dont line up.
I saw some March pulley kits, but they are rather expensive. I then found CFR Performance Parts. The have an all aluminum kit with all new brackets and chromed aluminum pulley for $329.
Question is, has anyone heard of these guys? Are the pulleys and brackets they sale any good or are they some made in china parts where I can expect problems in the future.
Here is a link to what I am looking at.
http://www.cfrperformance.com/CHEVY_SMALL_BLOCK_PULLEY_BRACKET_SET_LWP_p/hz-4304-c-kit.htm

Thanks.

#2 · (Edited)
Looks like they also have them in machined aluminum finish for $238, not a bad deal at all. Looks like pretty good quality stuff, I have heard of CFR before but can't tell you if it is China made or not. Even if it was, it is pretty hard to mess up such a basic machined part. Now, the chrome quality might be poor, but who in their right mind wants chrome plated aluminum?? The beauty of aluminum is that it can be buffed and polished to a shine or left in a machined finish. Too bad they didn't have pulley kits like the March serpentine(multi-rib) with conventional v-belt routing.

I have bought one thing in the past from CFR now that I remember, a racing oil pan and pick-up for the '62-67 Nova, nice thick pan that fit nice and sealed no problem, had nice baffles and cleared the 383 stroker crank with no problems. It has been in use for 3 years and is fine.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.