Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chalk drawings in steps 67 Chevelle Sedan 300
View Single Post
Old 10-17-2011, 01:17 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chalk drawings in steps 67 Chevelle Sedan 300

Hello to all,

Hey thanks so much for all the great compliments on my art, I truly am grateful. I thought you guys might find it interesting in seeing the process in steps that i do in drawing with chalk and markers. I first do a quick scetch on vellum paper, then I do a hard drawing on canson paper which is a heavyweight construction paper. I then marker in all the drawing, after that I start applying chalks, and rubbing them in with my fingers and using markers very quickly over that and then chalk again to create realisim effects it takes allot of practice so you don't burn the paper, it is a delicate process.. you will see in the photos the changes the take place in each phase. The chrome is a hard concept to explain... people always ask me how to do that with chalk..... I always say allot of practice.... lets just say it's a trade secret...LOL! it is allot of back and forth chalk.. marker,chalk etc... as you can see, I'm not finished yet.... I'm getting ready to start the chrome stage it's the funnest part, and then finally I will use very tiny hand brushes and add hilighting effects and more shading with chalks on the car. I will post when I'm finished. I might be finished today.

If you want ot visit my wesite it is dan-ingram.com It is not finished yet I have more stuff to put in including bikes and race scene's.

Thanks so much,

Dan.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0776.JPG
Views:	253
Size:	1.20 MB
ID:	59012   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0712.JPG
Views:	201
Size:	817.4 KB
ID:	59013   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0732.JPG
Views:	212
Size:	1.81 MB
ID:	59014   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0764.JPG
Views:	242
Size:	1.57 MB
ID:	59015   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0779.JPG
Views:	284
Size:	1.45 MB
ID:	59016  

Last edited by Kartoon; 10-17-2011 at 01:38 PM.