Hot Rod Forum banner

Champion radiators

1K views 4 replies 5 participants last post by  PHWOARchild 
#1 ·
First off, got one last year for my truck <- . Like it. Doesn't leak. Don't hardly ever drive my truck tho. Also, I got it from Radiator Express, Not Champion, so i got it then, Polished! from RE for the same price Champion wanted for unpolished.

Now, maybe things have changed because the radiator for my 62 buick is still about $170 from champion, unpolished, but RE wants $210. oh well. But...

If you go to reviews on youtube, you see alot of recent posts where the radiators are leaking. They are under warranty, but still who needs leaks? And by "a lot" it really isn't all that many considering the number they sell. Maybe 15 complains, and you know they are selling a zillion of them.

I have to buy another one, and even tho they seem to be generally recommended on this site, both by me and others, i am wondering if anyone on this site has had bad luck with them. The welds all look pretty good to me on mine. I am not using the trans cooler tho, but welds on those bungs look great to me as well. Just wondering, as there are no reviews for Champion on this website's company Reviews.

#4 ·
rad's

i put a 3 core on my tbucket worked great. the fairlane needed one and i put a 3 core on that too.. but thinking back i feel the bigger 2 core may have been better.. but, i've never had a problem and BOTH came polished. didn't know they made non polished.. i'd go directly to champion, they are in calif and if u need warranty work that's where u send them.. keep the box it came in just in case...
now with all said.. i found on the fairlane that the mustang is the same size mounting.. BUT where the shroud fits was the same as the mustang but the fairlane was about 1" smaller in width. so i had to got elect fan.. my suggestion is call,write and ask for the inside measurements if u are going to use factory shroud.

#5 ·
I got a Champion for my '59 Ford, actually made for a '65 Chevy, but a good fit. Found it on eBay at radiatorsforless. Think it ran me a flat $219, free shipping and it shows up polished. On the Champion site, same price with $30 to ship, $30 to polish. So far, so good with it. It looks great and cools nicely but haven't gone far with it yet.

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.