Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Champion vs Quincy compressor
View Single Post
Old 05-04-2013, 08:04 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Champion vs Quincy compressor

I've narrowed down my choices of compressors to either a Quincy QT-7.5 Max Quincy Max 7.5HP 2-Stage 80-Gal Vertical Air Compressor - TP Tools & Equipment or a Champion 7.5 Advantage http://www.tptools.com/Champion-75HP....html?b=d*8066. The stats for these two compressors are pretty close although this website says the pump speed of the Quincy is 720 RPM but the Quincy brochure says 1026 RPM. The Champion pump warranty is pro-rated for 5 years whereas the Quincy is 100% for 5 years, if you buy a maintenance kit every year. Champion head valves are 1 year vs Quincy valve plate for 2 years. Champion motor and tank are 5 years vs Quincy for 2 years.
If I don't buy through mail order, the Quincy distributor with a parts dept is about 20 miles away vs Champion in the next state, >75 miles away. Buying through the local dealer, the Quincy is about $700 more then the Champion.
Both of these company's compressors are ranked high for quality on various websites I've gone to seeking information. I'm looking for opinions from people and hopefully from someone in the compressor repair business that knows these compressors, as to whether or not the Quincy is worth the extra money. Thanks in advance.