change of plans - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Body - Exterior
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-21-2006, 11:42 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

change of plans

Well, I brought my parts car in to my shop to start stripping some of the parts off that I'm going to need on my 1923 ratrod T-bucket. With all the major part lying around on the floor, a very good friend of mine came by to see how I was making out and couldn't beleave his eyes, I was ripping a part a 1947 Ford coupe that I thought was in pretty bad shape. I didn,t think to look at the speedo but buddy did. Thats right 27,000 miles on it, it was rolled and most of the glass was out of it, cloth interior gone and the usual crap from sitting, but looking past that the floor and most all panels looked good, just the roof was flatened and a couple easy to remove dents. So now my donar car is my project car. That wright who needs a roof anyway when you're building a ratrod. My question is I have 2 of these coupes one has a shorter door and the one I am working on has a lot longer door, what do I call them? Seems every one I talk to has a differant name for them. The shorter Door car is way cooler but totally complete. I think that the roadster that I'm about to build is going the be quite a driver. If anyone has any differant ideas about ratrodding my coupe now would be a good time to here them.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-21-2006, 11:46 PM

Last journal entry: Shop Remodel Progress

Quote:
Originally Posted by 38 Chev
Well, I brought my parts car in to my shop to start stripping some of the parts off that I'm going to need on my 1923 ratrod T-bucket. With all the major part lying around on the floor, a very good friend of mine came by to see how I was making out and couldn't beleave his eyes, I was ripping a part a 1947 Ford coupe that I thought was in pretty bad shape. I didn,t think to look at the speedo but buddy did. Thats right 27,000 miles on it, it was rolled and most of the glass was out of it, cloth interior gone and the usual crap from sitting, but looking past that the floor and most all panels looked good, just the roof was flatened and a couple easy to remove dents. So now my donar car is my project car. That wright who needs a roof anyway when you're building a ratrod. My question is I have 2 of these coupes one has a shorter door and the one I am working on has a lot longer door, what do I call them? Seems every one I talk to has a differant name for them. The shorter Door car is way cooler but totally complete. I think that the roadster that I'm about to build is going the be quite a driver. If anyone has any differant ideas about ratrodding my coupe now would be a good time to here them.

How about some pictures to compare and ponder your questions?
Old 11-22-2006, 07:08 AM

Last journal entry: A few more
Last photo:

It sounds as if you have a 114 which is the Canadian model and the other is a 118.(US) The shorter wheel based 114 is a more sought after model for rodding. With out seeing the cars I can't tell you for sure.
Old 11-22-2006, 09:07 PM
Paintshop Dog

Last photo:

Yah, I'm with these guys. We need to see pics, to give an opinion on this one!

Recent Body - Exterior posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.