Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Changing color of a Lense
View Single Post
Old 03-20-2007, 10:40 PM
Jailbar Revolutionary

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I completely agree and you can mess up easy. How ever it does not look bad if you do it right. I link it to other painting and pinstriping. You have to know what your doing to begin with. I messed up ALLOT of lens doing this untill I perfected it. But if you have a spare lens, give it a shot. You'd be suprised when you don't rush it, let it dry correctly and test it.
it is IMPOSSIBLE to know what it will look like not in action. Do a couple dustings then put it on the car n test it and keep repeating. Most people look at it through the sun and think it's ok but on the car its totally different.
Remember a nice layer of dusting with a dark (dark) translucent red paint or a VERY light dusting of regular somewhat darker red paint. It's really easy to mess it up thats for sure, but do a dusting or 2 then install and repeat for guys like me on a budget it works everytime..... Ok well not everytime lol, but hey thats hotrodding for you, seeing what works on a budget. But it does work guys just go shade by shade and install after each application, you can even clear coat it inside which gives it a massive lens wide glow rather than a central bulb glow.

Last edited by DesertrusT; 03-20-2007 at 10:46 PM.