Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - changing control arms
View Single Post
Old 09-19-2010, 12:49 PM

Last wiki edit: General Motors transmissions Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 27

parts interchange

I sold the complete front suspension off a 63 falcoln sprint I had a while back. the car got totaled while parked. It was quick, 260, 4 speed, different cam, 4 barrel, a cheap build, the guy said he needed everything to bolt on his early falcon as it was too much trouble to mix pieces and get them to work. the main structural components of the falcoln chassis was the front rails where the a arms bolt on , the spring pockets, the material from the pockets to the firewall, the cowl-air intake for the heater, (a lot of those rust out in the bottom from leaves and dirt build up) then the structure over to the rocker panels, then back to the rearbox sections for rear spring mount. You could add a sub frame kit like is available for the Fox chassis mustangs 80's style. I added a sq tube reinforcement under the rockers on the outside of the down lip The factory used heavier gage material for convertibles and the k engine chassis rockers I used a hole saw to cut the tubing and ended up with a ladder structure on both sides,and made custon connector pieces to tie it all together, Ford put bigger tires on one of the test mules and did a lot of hard cornering.. It started tweeking the radiator support from the sideways push on the chassis. I added tubing to reinforce the top of the radiator support as well as a custom brace center of cowl to the shock towers , shelby mustang style.