Changing to fuel injected, maybe! - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Electrical
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-02-2010, 07:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Changing to fuel injected, maybe!

I have a nice 360 mopar,less carb, and I have a 4.3 chevy that is complete. My question is, what all would I need to convert my mopar to fuel injected, by using all of my chevy 4.3? Advise, thanks, Dana

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-02-2010, 07:38 PM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase database Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by 39chevy
I have a nice 360 mopar,less carb, and I have a 4.3 chevy that is complete. My question is, what all would I need to convert my mopar to fuel injected, by using all of my chevy 4.3? Advise, thanks, Dana
You would need the injectors from a 350 Chevy (the 4.3 throttle body is otherwise the same), all the sensors, the wire harness, the ECU, the fuel pump (15-20 PSI for TBI, not the more common 40+ PSI), an adapter plate to bolt the throttle body to your intake, an electronic distributor that uses the HEI module, and a custom PROM for your application.
Old 02-03-2010, 11:13 AM

Last journal entry: A little progress and maybe new paint
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

x2, but there is an alternative to the custom tune. When you look at the limitations of the factory GM TBI ECM, there can be a lot of trial and error involved with custom TBI swaps, especially on to a non- GM engine. There is a guy who takes your computer, and does away with the chip(prom) setup, and uses his own hardware and program to make a computer that learns as you drive.

I am going this route with my scratch build because when I added up the cost of sending and resending a few times the chip + the $50 each time to reflash, I am not spending that much more and getting a way better product. His website is www.dynamicefi.com. I would send him an email. He always got back to me pretty quick when I had a question.

Hope that helps,

Josh

Oh yeah, make sure you get the right fuel pump. I think if I remember right 94 and 95 small block v8 trucks actually had higher psi than the usual 15psi and I think the big block trucks may also have had a higher psi also but not sure on that one. My point being don't just get one that is "for TBI", cause there were a couple of different ones. The v6 and l4 were all 15 psi as far as I know

Last edited by texas97z; 02-03-2010 at 11:20 AM.

Recent Electrical posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.