Chapter 4: Cruisin' Time - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 04-25-2004, 03:47 PM
axes wayy too many questions

Last journal entry: Car show Btt50's 2012
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chapter 4: Cruisin' Time

Sorry for the long delay guys. I kinda lost my energy to write since I got out of the hospital, but once I started again I couldnt stop.

“When’s the registration for the show, Pete?” asks Billy.
“Tonight, starts at 5PM and goes until midnight.,” says Pete looking at a sheet of paper. “When ya wanna go?”
“Lets go now, I wanna blow the dust off the 39.” says Billy heading up the stairs leading out of the garage. “It’s been so long since fall.”
Billy comes back with the keys to the coupe and a bottle of Mountain Dew along with a couple of CD’s.
“Let’s roll!” exclaims Billy opening the door.
The 39 Ford Thunders as the ignition is turned and the car rolls out of the garage. Billy gives a load rev as he pulls out of the alley and into the street. He peels out and heads up the street sending a 16-year-old girl to give a whoop from across the street.
As the car pulls up to the hotel in which the registration is being held, Billy notices a very familiar car. It’s the Bel-Air that Stephanie was driving.
“That’s her!” exclaims Billy looking back and smiling.
“Cool.” Says Pete shaking his head and grinning.
They park the car and get out heading for the building. Along the way they pass a bright yellow 63 Nova. It has red shadow flames on American Racing wheels, Big-n-Littles, and a big blower poking out of the hood.
“Very intimidating” mumbles Billy still looking at the Nova.
“You think you can take it?” asks Pete, looking forward coolly.
“I know I can.” says Billy looking over at Pete and smiling.
The two walk up to a big brown brick building and walk in. Pete sees a little card table with a few model cars and some hot-wheels. Pete looks around and snatches a hot wheel and then walks away stealthy.
“Hey Mister!” says a young girl.
Pete looks around and sees the little girl get out from behind her table. Pete dashes out the door as two big men chase after him. Billy just laughs at him and continues towards the registration table.
“Write your name, personal info, car year and model, and anything that you’d like to be displayed on a flyer for your windshield.” Says a middle-aged man wearing a bright yellow shirt with a fancy design on the front, and the word ‘staff’ written on the back.
Billy writes down the information and then hands the form back to the man.
“So you’re the kid in the beast for a Ford ey!” says the man looking at the sheet. “I’ve heard a lot about you, in fact everyone has! Racing is a tough sport. You can make enemies and friends. My name is John Richardson. If you need any help, or have any problems let me know, okay?”
“Thanks, I’ll keep that in mind.” Says Billy shaking the mans hand.
Billy begins to walk outside and he hears the nova begin to fire up. It starts to pull out of the parking space. As Billy gets in his car the Nova pulls up behind him and revs up the engine. Billy looks over grinning. The tinted window rolls down and a dark face pokes its head out the window. The Nova peels off and goes down the road probably going 75 MPH.
“Very Interesting says Billy turning the ignition on.
“Who was that Billy?” asks Pete scaring Billy causing him to jump back.
“Eh you bastard!” exclaims Billy smacking Pete across the forehead. “I don’t know, but I think they know me.”
“Well c’mon, lets go cruising, pick up some chicks.” Says Pete smugly.
Billy starts the car and the colossal engine fires up. He slowly backs the car out of the parking space and gives it two high RPM revs and does his own big burnout.

Billy has been excited about going to this show for months. It is big, about 5,000 cars. They had drag races, dyno testing and other events that made for great fun. It was held at Ridgemond county Fairgrounds. The grounds had a Nascar style oval race-ring with a ¼ mile strip in the middle. It was considered state-of-the-art among race fans. The center strip would be set up for concerts with the main event, U2, who would perform Saturday.
The Coupe is idling the middle of a line about 150 cars long, all waiting to get through the gates in the grounds.
“Hey, there’s John Richardson!” says Billy looking at his rear view mirror.
“Oh ****!” exclaims Pete who jumps in the back and covers himself with blankets when he sees John walking up towards the Coupe.
“Hey, how ya doing bud?” asks John shaking Billy’s hand and looking over the car. “Wow!” he says smiling.
“I guess I should take that as a compliment.” Says Billy grinning.
“Have you seen that Nova running around here?” asks John taking a look in the back at the moving blankets.
“Yeah, I have. They have been giving me the eye. Do you know who it is?” asks Billy.
“Ha, that’s my nephew Chris.” Says John chuckling and looking at the blankets more harder. “He’s a mean sonofa*****. He’s got somewhere around 560 HP with 589 feet of torque.
“That ain’t nothing!” says Billy giving the engine a loud rev.
The line of cars starts to move and John walks back to his car, a 32 Ford Highboy. The car is blaze red with 16” Cragar Rally SS rims and whitewall 18” tires. The car has been chopped 2 ½ to 3 inches. The engine is a 350 SBC with lakester headers and a shiny air cleaner.

More to come………

Alex

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2004, 09:51 PM

Last photo:

that was good..

We should make a series about it..

Nos
Old 04-26-2004, 02:43 PM

Last photo:

What do you mean a series? It takes me long enough to write one chapter, I can't imagine making two or three at a time.

Alex
Old 04-26-2004, 10:20 PM

You have a great gift. Keep it up.
Old 04-26-2004, 10:25 PM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

i thought pete had a hemi?

and what happened to chapter 3?
Old 04-27-2004, 11:04 AM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by crazy larry
i thought pete had a hemi?

and what happened to chapter 3?
Chapter 3 was a Import version for NOS.

I don't remember Pete having a hemi. I may be wrong though. I will check when I get home from work tonight.

Alex

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.