Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Charcoal Canister
View Single Post
Old 12-16-2003, 08:00 AM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I can't actually see where the gas is coming from. When I pull the aircleaner the top of the carb is wet. I realize that a bad needle&seat, or a sunk float could do this....but the discovery of the disconnected vent line coicided with the fuel smell,and the flooding commenced when I hooked it back up. I realize the cannister is for vapor, but I was wondering if the charcoal was saturated enough if it could condense and belch back.Also the "old" gas smell(like when you drain gas from a car that's been sitting for 5 years)had me thinking cannister. As to the wires to the top of the carb, I have heard of these refered to as "electronic Q-jets". I have no idea what that controls, but the unit is inside the carb, and the wires feed into the top rh front of the cover assy.

BigBlock Bill, thanks. This cannister has 2 small vacuum lines to small diaphram assys ,one 3/8 line to the float bowl, one 3/8 line to the aircleaner(that t's off to the purge valve of the A.I.R)and one line back to the tank.

BigBlock Bill, thanks. This cannister has 2 small vacuum lines to small diaphram assys ,one 3/8 line to the float bowl, one 3/8 line to the aircleaner(that t's off to the purge valve of the A.I.R)and one line back to the tank.

Last edited by BT74; 12-16-2003 at 07:59 AM.