Originally Posted by BarryK
You are right, our employees, we supply a new one to, every 7 days (by law)
Ammonia can kill you, we use it in a few things in concentrated form and its the only solvent or solids that bothers me as, I'm sensitized to most.
I can attest to that when I was employed I had to go to the top of an anhydrous ammonia storage tank to check out an instrument. I was in front followed by one of our operatos as we were going up the stairs. We were both carrying 5 minute air packs. As I cleared the top of the tank I passed out as quick as that. The operator who was behind me grabbed me and pulled me down to breathable air. I awoke several seconds later to see him placing the 5 minute pack to my face. Ammonia is some nasty stuff and prolonged expose can wreck your lungs or kill you.