Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chasing a ghost in a 350 SBC.
View Single Post
Old 01-20-2013, 09:32 PM
BOOMER SOONER

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

UPDATE: I took the 4150 apart and found a nice piece of fuel line trash, I built 6-AN fuel line, wedged in one of the passages of the primary metering block. Also found another great piece of fuel line trash blocking the hole in the secondary pump outlet. Anyway, played with three steps of PV, ended up using 5.5, and dialed the idle mixture screws to 7/8 turn out from seat. Re adjusted the idle transfer slots on primary side, and adjusted idle speed mainly with the secondary idle adjustment. Then started playing with pump arm gap. Adjusted to have a slight gap in the pump arm and pump lever.

Then came timing. To make a long story short, initial timing is a crazy 24 degrees. With heavy springs installed for a slow curve, and used a silver stop bushing. Total timing at 3000 is now 34 degrees. Car starts great, idles great, is very responsive, has almost zero transition into the secondaries on a double pumper, and pulls very hard from 2800 to 6000 rpm. Still a bit concerned with having 24 degrees initial, but there is zero pinging. Anyway, thoughts and comments are welcome. I believe my rear end gear is a 3.08:1 instead of the axle code stating 2.56:1. I'm turning 2500 rpm at 65 with a 27" tire.