Chassis Engineering Dropped Axle - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Suspension - Brakes - Steering
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-03-2007, 08:26 AM
My compass doesn't point North

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chassis Engineering Dropped Axle

I bought a Chassis Engineering FORGED dropped I-beam axle specifically because I wanted a forged axle, not a cast axle. They price is the same if not cheaper for the forged axle in some cases.

I wasn't pleased with the axle they sent because; One of the king pin holes is drilled off center and it would take several hours of grinding and finishing to clean up the axle just to powder coat it. Their grinding was rather crude.

This wouldn't matter so much if the axle were under a fat fendered car, but I'm building an open wheel car and would like it to look good.

My plan is to drill the axle and resell it and do this several times so in theory, I get my axle for my labor for drilling others'.

I called Chassis Engineering and they said they would send me a return authorization to return the axle for credit. We'll see how they do in addressing my issue.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-03-2007, 02:19 PM

Last photo:

CE dropped axle

I'm certain the guys at CE will go out of their way to make you grin again. I've been dealing with them for a long time and always found them to be super to work with.
Youngster
Old 09-28-2007, 07:34 PM
My compass doesn't point North

Last photo:

Chassis Engineering Comes Through

Chassis Engineering in West Branch, Iowa is a class act. I had a concern with a dropped axle as I stated above. They took care of it at their expense and I'm a happy guy. Thank you Jim and the whole crew.

Their axles, spindles and arms are forged, not cast and are therefore, much stronger than castings. I wouldn't run a cast axle, spindles or steering arms on anything other than a garden tractor.
Old 09-28-2007, 07:38 PM
Lost in the 60's

Last wiki edit: Removing stuck fasteners Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 4

Glad to hear that they fixed you up. I used one of there forged steel axles on my coupe. I have always been satisfied with Chassis Engineering...thier products as well as thier customer service.
Old 09-28-2007, 08:12 PM

Last photo:

CE dropped axle

See.......I told ya they'd make ya grin again!!!!!!

Recent Suspension - Brakes - Steering posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.