Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cheap 1k Sealer Primer
View Single Post
Old 01-26-2013, 06:00 AM

Last wiki edit: Stripping paint Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by swvalcon View Post
I've used a 1-k sealer on used cars with a single stage color coat. But when I can no longer see the tail-lights it no longer has any warrentee. I would return it and as already said use SPI epoxy as your sealer. You could get one QT thin it and have some left over for another job.
thats the ticket,,,, and better yet use that qt as the primer to use over the dents you fix and two good coats over that cheap capa crap on those aftermarket parts ,even better still is to sand that black primerlike substance completely off and use the SPI as a proper substrate to gar un tee a great long lasting job ..I've seen paint peeling off that crap in a few months,especially that bumper cover ,sand it real good and spray two good coats of SPI epoxy .
..You know....I hate to say it but for a proper looking job the bumper cover should be painted off the car and the other body parts should be at least cut in then put on the car and painted...
OK ,so you wanta know why I hate that cheap CRAPA certified primer?well ask anybody what happens when you install those parts on a car and dont paint them....In 6 months they'll be coverd in surface rust...I've had SPI epoxy on a car for six years without a problem..
Its your car and your time when you ask us what you should do we'll tell straight what should be done for a good job but the choise is always yours
The Following User Says Thank You to deadbodyman For This Useful Post:
67Elcamino (01-26-2013)