Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cheap Air Compressor
View Single Post
Old 11-08-2006, 07:49 PM
1976 Ranchero GT

Last journal entry: Almost time for the first drive!
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldred
At less than 6 CFM@90 PSI That compressor is seriously underpowered for almost anything except pumping up tires or running an impact in short bursts. I can not imagine trying to run a sandblaster except for maybe small spot blasting since even a 3/32" nozzle will take nearly twice that much volume to operate properly. I really hate to be discouraging but the numbers speak for themselves and for not much more money you could get twice that much volume and have something that probably will not disappoint you, I think that outfit will.
Now a agree you should get as much air compressor as you can afford you will not regret it, BUT I sand blasted my camaro frame and ran all my cut off tools and impact wrenches with a compressor that is almost identical to this one. I pushed it hard but it did the job. Of course I would have loved a bigger compressor but mine did the job. If this is all you can afford you can make it work but with compressors cfm is everything!