Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cheap BB chevy roller lifter conversion--like small block?
View Single Post
Old 05-31-2009, 09:08 AM

Last wiki edit: Wheelbase, track width, and differential measureme...
Last journal entry: Upper P/S bracket made
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 1

I have considered a solid rollers, unfortunatly i am not looking at big cams--which is what alot of solids are. Stuff right near stock sizing is what i am looking at-- i want lots of torque and lower rpm power. Plus, after 15 years of messing with this stuff like valve adjustments, i'll admit--i am lazy. But one way or another, even if i have to pay for it in the end, it will have a roller cam. I just dont trust these oils today--even approved ones for flat tappet cams. Its just alot easier (and cheaper) to do on a small bock rather than big block.

However---ever run solid roller lifters on a hyd roller? Years ago on flat tappet stuff Crane told a friend of mine that the cam doesnt know what lifter is on it. Told him if he was going to do that, run .002-.005" lash and it should work good----and it did. Dont see why you couldn't do that with roller stuff. Just crazy ideas running through my head.......