Cheap power Conversion - Page 3 - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-14-2012, 04:18 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Re: cheap power

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
not this b/s again.. wasn't we to run out in like 85 and then it was like 97,
then 2004, come on..
We won't ever actually run out, the cost effectiveness of getting that oil as petrol/gasoline to the pump at a price that the oil companies think we'll pay. All that really happened in 85 and then in 2004 was the people who ran the countries wanted more bribe money to keep on selling it and 2004 wasn't that the first Gulf war? I'm sorry our oil crisis's tend to have different dates in England The only to options I can see is either Anaxing the middle east I'm sure they'd be better off being Brits/American we've even got armies there OR we could make our own oil and let them get on with it ( I like 2 we Brits did something like option 1 in the 19th Century)

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-14-2012, 05:23 AM

I all comes down to how. The exact process matters an example is the way some American distilleries produce ethanol fuel. Electricity powered stills distilling corn bought on the food market the ethanol dried so it can mix with gasoline. If you tried you couldn't think up a more inefficient process you wouldn't do it except it was a Presidential request. Only fuel subsidy's make it doable. A far cry from the farmer/moonshiner with a still in his barn that was the Image in Obama's mind. The corn grown on the farm, the corn cobs firing the boiler the model T' in a shed to use it. Trying to industrialize that process has only introduced and magnified inefficiencies. If one now imagines that same barn moved to the other side of the corn field, adjacent to a gas station on an interstate the output of the still filling a gas pump.
Old 12-14-2012, 06:22 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcompton View Post
Bio desiel is the only one that will work and can be done at home since no store or gas station sells this mythgas you speak of.
No one sells this mythical blend yet but you in the States can at least buy the components and mix it up yourself not much of a chore for a Hot Rodder 90% ethanol and 10% biodiesel with that formulation you should have much of the mileage of gas and less of the hydroscopic nature of ethanol. The ATF will also give you a licence to distil pure ethanol.

Last edited by Yachtsman; 12-14-2012 at 06:29 AM.
Old 12-15-2012, 10:18 AM

The issue is that if you have an engine/motor tuned or rebuilt to have high compression can cheaply convert it to E85, then by running on E85, and not having to buy Race Gas or octane enhancers, save lots of money. Or if your State emission laws have ruled your hot rod, outlaw again change over to E85. My engine conversion cost me just 33.97 that's a full carb rebuild kit, two main jets and two idle jets.

Last edited by Yachtsman; 12-15-2012 at 10:25 AM.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.