Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Cheapest EFI conversion possible
View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 01:27 PM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Auto Terms and Definitions Used in Modern Engine T... Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augusto
so the megasquirt stuff is of good quality? not chineese like junk? I think I'll give 'em a try, sounds very nice.
I dont believe it is a full time job for anyone, but alot of people do commit alot of time to the "project". I suspect the group, or designers, contract with a manufacturing company to produce these units. The units are most likely untested unless you buy a completed board in which case it is tested on a test bench.

You simply need to be aware that you are not dealing with a manufacturing company directly, but rather a large network of hobbiest. So, you dont just pick up the phone and call your friendly tech support line and they walk you through why the crank trigger input is not "seeing" the hall sensor...for instance. Moreover, you are going to be working via message board or with a part time dealer to help in their spare time. This point is what made me very, very frustrated with diy efi, but I made it through.