Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cheapest materials
View Single Post
Old 12-29-2005, 07:29 PM

Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Well, I was the first person to respond to the question. I made a product suggestion based on quality and it's economical value. I made the recomendation based on my experiences using the product knowing the user will be satisfied with it's performance, plain and simple. Are there other epoxy primers that could be used?-For sure! Are there better epoxy primers that could be used?-I don't think so! I haven't found any better yet.

The second post on this thread is from Esty, putting down Barry K and makes fun of anyone who suggests the use of SPI. And then goes on- Quote:
(anyway a good, inexpensive product that's available online try HERE...they sell several popular brands, and if you'll look around, you'll find a line that sells paints. clears and all the best primers for the money

and while you're on that website take a look at the KIRKER brand...it's absolutely the best bang for the buck..if you want a good product for your money, check it out...they carry everything from the primers you'll need to a fullline of paints and clears.....)

Folks, there's something personal here between Esty and SPI products, although she's admitted to never using the products she puts them down and suggests Kirker. There's some serious problems with just about every post made by Esty IMO, she starts brand warfare. Had she been the first to make a product suggestion would I have slammed her if she recomended Kirker? Helll No! Did I slam Kirker in any way? Hell No! Notice she doesn't jump in and offer any technical support ever, no how to's, no new proceedures, no positive advice for the benifit of the members here. Instead it's always just bashing. Pure crap and that's all...

Today, my Son and I built subframe connectors for the 70 Nova he's been working on, a weld in design of our own that inserts and welds into the rear rails and bolts to the front subframe so the subframe can still be removed from the car. Esty, what did you do today? Bob