Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - cheapest materials
View Single Post
Old 12-31-2005, 01:16 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

we are way off track here

I dont know much(anything) about your painting project. But go to the local napa(see phone book for paint supplyers in your area). Ask for the paint guy...Tell him what you want to do, what stuff youve got. He wont be a great expert probably but should be able to get you started. As you get more experienced then you can experiment with other stuff and supplyers. Dont buy anything when you first visit, his paint gun is probably really high and a quart of epoxy($50??) and Quart of base($50) and maybe some clear($50) I just picked up some fullthane dupont nason...thats what the local place sold. This is not quite right for a truck probably but I paid $34 Quart for the paint plus more $ for the activator stuff. If you go to dupont or ppg home you should be able to find the "p-sheet" which will give you good general guidelines. Like most thing of skill there are many ways of doing it. Unless you really know what you are doing, follow the p-sheet and go with what the "guy" tells you. Oh and ask about isocyanates!!! they are supposed to be really bad news??? The guy will have what you need.