Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Check this out!
Thread: Check this out!
View Single Post
Old 10-04-2005, 10:37 AM
Get in, sit down, hang on

Last journal entry: Cab Removal
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by grouch
I like the 2nd one better even though the hands are harder to see in the picture. Are those holes near the center suitable for marking the hours?
The centerline of those 6 large holes would be correctly spaced for 2-hour intervals, and it looks like there are small bolt holes near the edge that appear to be symmetrically aligned to the center of the large holes.

Go hard!
I can see a bunch of gearheads that would proudly display clocks like that on the walls of thier garage or rumpus room ... if they can get it approved by the war dept.

My ex-boss started a collection of engine parts that had suffered "catastrophic failures" and had them cleaned up, bronzed, and mounted on oak plaques as "trophys" ... which he gave to staff as awards for years of service etc. Neat idea, I thought.

When I first started out in parts, a fellow partsman and I had come up with the idea to paint a dipstick with gold rattle-can paint. We presented it as "The Golden Dipstick" to the mechanic of the month in our repair shop.