Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board

Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/)
-   Hot Rod Art (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/hot-rod-art/)
-   -   Check this out! (http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/check-out-71044.html)

WakBordr7387 09-28-2005 02:09 PM

Check this out!

I had an old flywheel off of my truck from few months back that I took off and replaced. Well this one was cracked and stripped so it was useless....at least on the truck!!! I found it the other day, and decided to make into something useful, like a clock. I cleaned it, painted it, and put it togather with a cheap clock I bought from a dollar store.
What do you guys think?
http://hotrodders.com/gallery/data/500/flywheel.jpg

Brad

fitzwell 09-28-2005 02:37 PM

cool.............. :thumbup:

VWFan 09-28-2005 02:41 PM

I think I just found a use for that old flywheel in the garage! Nice job! :thumbup:

Jon 09-28-2005 02:42 PM

Cool post.

...trying to think of a "timing" pun... ;)

Henry Highrise 09-28-2005 02:48 PM

Its about time somebody figured out something to do with those old flywheels! Good job! :thumbup:

MARTINSR 09-28-2005 03:03 PM

Very cool, that is a "flex plate", not a "flywheel" which is from a manual trans though. Some burnt and cracked aluminum flywheel would be really cool.

I had a fool wheel cover and a clock I was going to "mate" but never got around to it.

Those clocks could be put in all kinds of things.

Brian

poncho62 09-28-2005 07:07 PM

You are gonna need more than a regular anchor to hang it on the wall.......probably weights 10 pounds

grouch 09-28-2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jon
Cool post.

...trying to think of a "timing" pun... ;)

Hey hey! I think I have an old timing chain and gears in the garage. Take a clock like WakBordr7387 did, put it in the camshaft gear, let the crank gear hang in the chain below it like a pendulum... off to see if I can find them.

Nightrider 09-28-2005 11:06 PM

:thumbup: :thumbup: :P

WakBordr7387 09-29-2005 07:52 AM

Thanks guys, yeah yeah sorry about the mixup it is a flexplate. It just seems everywhere I go someone calls it the flywheel. oh well, It might actually be better to get a "real" flywheel and polish it up and turn it into a clock. I have another flexplate like it that isnt cracked that I probably wont use for the engine that I could turn into another clock. Ya'll think I should sell one on ebay? And because its so heavy like poncho said, I haven't hung up it yet because I can't find a place for it.
Thanks guys

Brad

Camarofiend73 09-29-2005 01:09 PM

That is sweeet! I was thinking about doing the same thing with a Top Fuel clutch disc that was signed by Cory Mac back in '98.

BooWFO 09-29-2005 02:06 PM

Cool I like it.

WakBordr7387 09-30-2005 10:12 AM

1 Attachment(s)
Just finished my second one. This time its flat black with a silver metallic bowtie. Im going to sell this one on ebay this time. So be sure to watch for it in the next few days.
I have a couple more ideas for some really cool stuff next. One of them is gonna be a clock, that will be more of an old classic look that ya'll might like better. The other is gonna be a motorized wall decoration.

Brad

grouch 09-30-2005 09:36 PM

I like the 2nd one better even though the hands are harder to see in the picture. Are those holes near the center suitable for marking the hours?

Nightrider 10-01-2005 12:09 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by WakBordr7387
Just finished my second one. This time its flat black with a silver metallic bowtie. Im going to sell this one on ebay this time. So be sure to watch for it in the next few days.
I have a couple more ideas for some really cool stuff next. One of them is gonna be a clock, that will be more of an old classic look that ya'll might like better. The other is gonna be a motorized wall decoration.

Brad

Brad, you're just a artist...