Check Your Texas License Plate Frames - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> General Rodding Tech
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2003, 12:13 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

Thumbs up Check Your Texas License Plate Frames

Hi,

This is for all Texas drivers out there, please stop and check your license plate frames, if any part is covering the word "TEXAS", you can be stopped and fined.

Also no reflective decals or any kind of logos on the plate either.

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-27-2003, 12:15 PM
Out of the Loop Moderator

Last wiki edit: Streetbeasts links
Last journal entry: at car show
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 5

Got pulled over......did ya?

Budget RVs
Old 10-27-2003, 05:40 PM
Last photo:

They have been busting people left and right down here. The other morning a cop was stationed just down the road from an elementary school and was ticketing people as they dropped their kids off. It made the evening news and created quite a stir. I would imagine the judge is going to have his hands full. This is a bogus law that needs to be revised at the very least. You can't even have a trailer ball blocking the word Texas.

Vince
Old 10-27-2003, 11:51 PM

Last photo:

yes, texas sucks in many ways, like dallas.
i haven't had many tickets, but when i do get one it is usually about $180-$200. i got one the other day for going 86 in a 65, but i was so nice to the old basturd he lowered it to 80 in a 65 .
ever been to garland? now i can truely call the cops out there F**kin' a$$holes. those basturds won't cut you a break for *****.

oh yea, i guess i better take that rainbow sticker off the little texas.
but how will i display my queerness?
oh Hector, stop, stop it, (slap-slap-pull hair)

Last edited by akm; 10-27-2003 at 11:51 PM.
Old 10-28-2003, 04:59 AM

Last journal entry: better comparison before and after shots
Last photo:

liscence plates????

but it's in my wallet. how are they gonna know if its covered or not? idiots. (lawmakers that is)

used to, i was always told if you got popped doing 20 mph over the posted speed limit you got a free trip to the hoosecow...
but recently i've talked with several paople who've gotten tickets for 90+ on the interstate, and all they got was a citation.... wth???
Old 10-29-2003, 06:35 AM
Hotrodders.com Moderator

Last wiki edit: Transmission identification
Last journal entry: 1988 Suburban, the project continues.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 9

That's as bogus as the outlived law they had here in PA, that stated the "official" state website address on the bottom of the license plate had to be visible at all times, which didn't last long.
I believe it was fought and won by Pennsylvania NOT being a "state" anyway, it's a commonwealth (by name only as I don't feel wealthy in the least).
If the lawmakers gave the least little bit of a diddley of their actions and the resulting consequences, we wouldn't have half the hassle we do now.
Old 10-29-2003, 07:02 AM
Air Trans

Last photo:

AKM
Quote:
yes, texas sucks in many ways
Watchitthat is my home you are talking about. There is a good reason for the law are they taking it too far yes. Have yopu ever noticed how some folks put things on their plates that hide the state name. Then the police can not get a good id on the plate if involved in a acident or if stolen. As some politician some where said it is for our on good.

At least in Texas you can read the plates, here in NC some plates are so old the paint has come off, I have even seen some that had rusted through.

my .02
Old 10-29-2003, 07:32 AM
Rebuilt Excitment

Last photo:

Several states have the same type of law on the books, it depends on the officer on how it is enforced kind of like the way the enforce the laws on blue dots.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:03 AM

Last photo:

I live in Texas, and have for a long time and there are only a few times when they really get gung ho about enforcing the laws.

1. Contract renegotiation time.

2. End of the fiscal year when their revenues are short and they face layoffs or furloughs.

3. New Mayor in office. (Lasts 1 month only.)

Also you'll hear people say that cops don't have a quota of tickets to write. What a load of BS. You can pretty much tell when their quotas are due by when you see them actually writing tickets. In my neighborhood it's around the 3rd week of the month. You'll see them like flies on brown stuff - usually in the school zones and work zones where the fines are bigger. Any other time of the month you can't even tell we have a police force.

As far as the chicken**** law about license plate frames. Once again it's where some people have gone too far with an idea of decorating their license plates, and everyone pays for it.

For a country that is supposedly run by majority rule, why is it that the minority - not ethnic minority per se - don't think racial here... Why is it that the minority can screw so much up for everyone else?

Last thing... everyone who gripes about the cops in the Dallas Fort Worth area are 100% justified. They are the biggest bunch of jerks.

They like to pull stunts of having 15 guys on the backsides of overpasses radar gun you, and have scads of cops waiting to pop you as you go over the next hill. My question is this, how many homes are getting ripped off and wife's beaten while they've got 40 cops tied up writing tickets? And what's the end result? A small minority of people get a ticket while the cops make a load of revenue. Think about it $100 a ticket with 20 cops writing them as fast as they can - you figure 5 mins a stop. That's 12 and hour so lesseee... 12an hour x 20 cops x 100 = $24,000 in an hour. Tell me it's not about the $$$$.
Old 10-29-2003, 08:05 PM

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally posted by camaroguy_1967
AKM

Watchitthat is my home you are talking about. There is a good reason for the law are they taking it too far yes. Have yopu ever noticed how some folks put things on their plates that hide the state name. Then the police can not get a good id on the plate if involved in a acident or if stolen. As some politician some where said it is for our on good.

At least in Texas you can read the plates, here in NC some plates are so old the paint has come off, I have even seen some that had rusted through.

my .02
i was just joking, *****.
i love texas, i just hate dallas. i hate all of the yuppy basturds that live in dallas. haven't had any trouble with the cops in dallas though.

LostKnight

i'm glad to see someone that watches the world with their eyes OPEN. i hear you.
Old 10-30-2003, 07:34 AM

Last photo:

Arrow

Every state and every country have crazy laws. Here's another one from Texas I just read in the Reader's Digest- all vehicles must have windshield wipers but are not required to have a windshield. Lawmakers
Old 10-30-2003, 07:14 PM
adtkart@aol.com

Last photo:

First let me say that unfortunately, there are bad apples on most, if not all Police departments. I can say with confidence that most Police Officers are out there just doing the job that they were hired to do. They do not make the laws, just enforce them. Alot of people think that they enforce laws based on how much the fines are. That may be true to an extent. The fines have no bearings on their pay. The fact is that some departments are required to keep records on the amount of revenue that is collected by the work of the officers, along with the value of recovered stolen property and drugs. They use that info to justify to the politicians, the need for current and additional personel.

Although I don't agree with alot of the laws in this country, the Police Officers are not the ones that make them. It is their job to enforce them.

As an added note. In over 10 years in law enforcement, I have heard everyone except a murder, claim that the Police should be looking for the people that were doing something else. I even had a rapeist claim that we should be looking for murderers, not rapeists. If you were hit pulling out of a driveway by someone that was speeding, you would be complaining about them working radar someplace else, instead of there.
Old 10-31-2003, 08:49 AM

Last photo:

Well I'm not anti-cop. You couldn't pay me enough to put up with the crap they put up with dealing with drunks, crackheads, and loud mouthed jerks. Let's not forget the horrific things they see at car wrecks, murder scenes, abuse victims, etc...

I am however anti-police ethics and anti-police policy in a lot of cases. Unfortunately they go hand in hand because the one demonstrates and enforces the other.

The thing that bothers me most is how police violate the rules they are supposed to enforce. Especially since they're supposed to be the rule - not the exception.

Nearly every policeman in my area speeds - without his lights a blazing - they just speed - everywhere. I don't think any of them know what a turn signal is. They park in the fire zones in front of the stores - when on personal business. (You can tell because they go in with their wives.) They park their cars in the turn lanes in the middle of the roads - again no lights - they just sit there watching for cars. While obstructing traffic. They park in the left hand turn lanes in some parts of my neighborhood - again to watch cars and obstruct traffic.

I won't begrudge them patrolling - but a lot of their behavior would get most anyone else ticketed or arrested.

So why can't people object to their behavior?

As far as a lot of these goofy laws and policies go - you're 100% correct. The local beat cop does not make those policies. People with special interests and agendas do. Unfortunately the majority of people don't have a special interest or agenda - they just want to live their lives. As a result - the minority rules. Unless people do things to stir up the majority like posting about the absurdity of some law on sites like this and talking to others to stir up the majority.

And yes - a lot of people tend to whine about it when something bad happens and the cops weren't there. But those people are - well - fools. If they wanted complete police coverage pay higher taxes and live in a military state. They gripe because they just can't come to grips that bad things happen and have no place to direct their anger.

Like I said in the beginning. I'm not anti-cop or even anti-law. I obey the speed limits, and traffic signals, don't drink and drive, don't beat my wife, etc... So if I can somehow manage to follow the rules - why can't the people that I'm paying to enforce the same rule?
Old 11-02-2003, 09:42 PM
il enforcer

The local noisemakers had a big problem when the cops first got their photo radar equipment. The ones getting the tickets kept complaining that the cops only do it for the $$$. The problem with this theory is that the police dept. only gets 5% of the revenue. The rest fills the general coffers for the province.

Never whine about photo radar. You don't get stopped and have the officer inspect your car for bald tires/ins/registration etc. You are not made to wait for 20 minutes while you are getting even later for work. A photo radar unit cannot check to see if you have been drinking.

I think your vehicle should be stopped when you get caught for speeding and the cop should make sure all of the above mentioned items are kosher

Here is a thought. Don't speed!!!! If you choose to break the law, do not whine about having to pay the fine. I occasionally speed, driving 10 - 15 KM/h over on the highway but when I do get a ticket it is my own fault, not the cop that gave me the ticket.

BTW they local new did a story about speeding on an in town freeway. They set the laser radar for 60 KM/h over the limit and within 15 minutes, they clocked over 100 people exceeding the speed limit by at least that 60 KM/h. One guy was traveling at 210KM/h on an 80 KM/h road.
Old 11-03-2003, 10:03 AM
Gettin a life..Goodbye

Last photo:

Please do your km/hr to mph before posting here as my brain has to try conversion factors that it just aint supposed to do. The great state of Alabama has created so many specialty tags with the names of colleges, environmental themes, save the kids, and other cluttered crap that you can't even tell where the people are from. All they are looking for is the $50 extra that each brings in.

Recent General Rodding Tech posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.