Chev LT1 motor - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > Tech Help> Engine
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-14-2002, 07:15 AM

Wiki Edits: 0

Post Chev LT1 motor

Hi all
I can get hold of an LT1 motor but it has no electrics or computer box
- any suggestions as to the route I can go -
our scrapyards don't have these models - we have a company that imports used v8's cut out of cars before they go to the crusher - I heard of a Domingo ecu - programmable
cheers
John
(Jesus Rules)_

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2002, 07:54 AM

If you have the entire plenum, injectors and everything except the wiring and brain box, maybe the best route would be to contact a wrecking yard somewhere else and have them ship you the entire electronics harness. It is not heavy.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:25 AM

Most everthing if not everything you need can be found at street&performance.com
Old 05-19-2002, 06:39 AM

Cool

Sell the EFI system on Ebay and go with a carb. and intake. GM Performance Parts sells a carb. intake for just this conversion. The LT1 block has the hole for the distributor the cam has the drive gear. Real hotrods don't have on board computers sensors!! Ken
Old 10-07-2003, 08:41 PM

Angry Get with the times

What the heck. The people working with on board computer sensors are the real hotrodders. They are going into the unknown. Everything that can be done with a carb has been done. I love old muscle cars. In fact my dream car is the 1967 Corvette L88. But times are changing. They are making engines with EFI that have as much or more horsepower than many of the old muscle cars. The Corvette can make 30 miles to the gallon with 400hp. I am reading the magazine GM High Tech Performance, where they are taking a Ls6 motor and giving it (yes this is the what it they have done) a 9sec 726 HORSEPOWER motor that will last for years. And I believe they made it smog legal and run on pump gas. Warren Johnson (who you all must agree is one of the greatest drag racers ever) is working on a 4cyl drag car. I am fixing to put a Ls6 motor into my 1998 s10. Newer cars are hooking up way better than the older cars. I saw a stock corvette run a 12.5 at the drag strip. I am not a big fan of most import cars but they are pioneers themselves. There is probably only a few people in here who can tell you how a rotary motor works and 0 who could probably work on one. Hot rodding is not whether you have a carb or an old muscle car. Hot rodding is moddifying what ever you have and making it faster. Catch up with the times. Sorry That this is so long but back to the point. Get the Lt1 and just look for a while in junkyards and the internet. I think www.truckperformance.com has computer stuff.
Old 01-21-2005, 10:19 AM

For junkyard searching try this site www.car-part.com
I also search them if I am wondering what parts will interchange...for instance will a cutlass rear end fit under a monte carlo, etc.

By the way I am in the same boat. I have an LT1 with no electrical wiring. Do I go EFI stuff or carb it. I am going to find out which will be the cheapest and easiest (that includes time).

I have heard the throttle response and fuel efficiency is great if you go with the EFI route. This all needs to be considered I guess.

Recent Engine posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
If you do not want to register, fill this field only and the name will be used as user name for your post.
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.