Hot Rod Forum banner

Chevelle front end.

2K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  KnightRunner 
#1 ·
What parts would it take to turn a 72 Chevelle front end into a 71?

#3 ·
They are slightly different but I dont know HOW different
Btw that front parking light is the easiest of the changes, just swap the bezel+lense and BAM! :D knew that part allready though.

The main difference I see is the little space inbetween the headlight bezel and the grille i dont know if that is part of the grille or what.

#4 ·
You need to change the bezels and parklamp and the grille. Grille is NOT even close, the 71 grille is somewhat like the 70 grille as it has three raised bars. The 72 grille is complete flat no raised bars, plus the ends are not capped off like the 70 or 71 grille.

#6 ·
sevt_chevelle said:
You need to change the bezels and parklamp and the grille. Grille is NOT even close, the 71 grille is somewhat like the 70 grille as it has three raised bars. The 72 grille is complete flat no raised bars, plus the ends are not capped off like the 70 or 71 grille.
I have a 72 el camino and I believe you need to change the front fender extension not just the bezel and the grille is differant. NOT SURE how close this is to the chevelle I do know my 72 it is identicle to the chevelle wagon. Ed ke6 bnl

#8 ·
The fender ext are the same from 71-72 chevelle and elky. Granted that chevelle-elky exts are different but they are same from 71-72. All you need to do is swap out the turn signal bezels and lamps.
You also need a different grille, also forgot in the prior reply you need a different headlight bezel as well.

So in order to make a 72 chevelle into a 71 chevelle you need the following.
1: turnsignal bezels
2: turnsignal lamps
3: grille
4: headlight bezels
Those four items is what makes the 71 and 72 different, everything else is the same.

Brian, the hood does stick out more on the 72 because the 71 has that raised bar(chrome piece) right below it, where the 72 is flat.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.