Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevelle vs. Malibu
View Single Post
Old 03-22-2005, 02:57 PM
Pure American Muscle

Last journal entry: Still Going
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

I place a 3rd on the Cragers. For the money they are really nice looking rims. The design goes well for the car. In my thinking you don't want everything too complex because the car really is a built muscle look not a crusier. Crager now makes two diffrent SS wheels one I believe is now all alu. that cost more but the older one (looks the same as new) is just as good and chaper.

Black paint can look really nice if it is done right thats the only thing about black it shows any bad body work. Black is a really nice color for it though. The stripes are up to you. Look around at pictures of Chevelles and get an idea of what looks really good. Some cars paint is almost yelling for strips others it would ruin.

What I do with my tires is have 15x10 inch in the back (fits well with 4 inch backspacing I believe then full size tires of your choice white lettering looks really good. Then in the front I put a 15x7 and use SLIGHTLY lower profile tires. This gives the car a very nice offfset look and cali. slope. Also try and get a large foot print tire. In other words the tread should not be so thin (like a normal car tire) I might just be me but I like the less aggresive tread patterns that are nice and wide and makes the tire looks like it belongs on the car. Really adds to the overall picture of the car and makes the msucle look complete.

A well built 350 pulls the car along very well. Just remember it is heavy lol.

Good luck,

Chris