Hot Rod Forum banner

chevette/vega bumpers

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  novafreek6872 
#1 ·
i`m looking to go plastic on my chevette and after looking at some vega bumpers and measuring a bit it seems as they might work. the front bumper is slightly different as far as i can tell. does anybody know if this actually will work? i am planning on fabbing new brackets obviously.

#2 ·
If you are going to fab new brackets than ANY bumper will "work". Whether they fit the body shape well and meet your expectations in look is kinda up to you. What years are we talking about here? Can you get your hands on one of these bumpers and check it against your body?

Brian

#6 ·
A guy near me has a 4dr Chevette...he has a rack on top like a work van!! You're right they are rare as hen's teeth. :D

Vegas are even rarer... only one on the streets in my area... guy has had it prolly 30 years... Great paint and he has wheel tubs and a 600 horse 468 BB in it, cage, whole 9 yards. Its a killer car and a 72 to boot which has the nice grille. I'd LOVE to have that car!

#4 ·
just a update... i know theres not alot of folks hotroddin chevetes but.. front bumper i narrowed 4 inches and cut 5 inches of the back that wraps around the sides and they look almost oem. you would really have to look to see any difference from a chevette bumper.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.