Chevrolet is becoming China Motors - Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board
Hotrodders.com -- Hot Rod Forum

Register FAQ Search Today's Posts Unanswered Posts Auto Escrow Insurance Auto Loans
Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board > General Discussion> Hotrodders' Lounge
User Name
Password
lost password?   |   register now

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-20-2013, 07:48 PM
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Chevrolet is becoming China Motors

Sad fact boys and girls.

General Motors is becoming China Motors - YouTube

Vince

Advertisement
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-20-2013, 08:01 PM
www.generationhighoutput. com

Last wiki edit: Painting chrome wheels
Last journal entry: Stopping my journal entries here
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 15

There's a reason lame-duck Buick stayed when many other more exciting brands with potential (Saturn, Pontiac, etc) got axed. Buicks sell in china. Retool a couple eurocars to sell here with waterfall front ends and you've got yourself some invisible badge-engineering.
Old 02-20-2013, 08:16 PM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

well. why not. when the buyers buy imported cars.. and don't care where the savings came from ie from..(labor/ regulations or lack of any)
you can't not follow suit.. THEY TRIED, NO ONE CARED..
can't beat um, join um..
we can't see ,we the buyer is the reason. our economy is junk..
buy imported garbage, and people loose their jobs then can't afford to buy anything but the imported junk, then more loose jobs..
either no one cares.. or people are stupid..
I blame college business classes.. that teach the short sighted biz models.. that only serve wall street..
untill that mindset changes.. more jobs will go elsewhere, and taxes will go up. to fund the unemployed/welfair state.. WAKE UP
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to gearheadslife For This Useful Post:
AdvancedRetard (02-20-2013), Richiehd (02-20-2013)
Old 02-20-2013, 11:22 PM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Sad to say,,, But I think your going to see a lot more of that to come,, They will own the USA one day,, If they don't own it already..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:16 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
Sad to say,,, But I think your going to see a lot more of that to come,, They will own the USA one day,, If they don't own it already..
hopefully I'll be 6' under before that happens.. I think we are in for revolution 2.0 sooner than latter..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:20 AM
Believe in yourself !!!!!!

Last journal entry: 41 WILLYS FRAME
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by gearheadslife View Post
hopefully I'll be 6' under before that happens.. I think we are in for revolution 2.0 sooner than latter..
I feel sorry for our kids..
Old 02-21-2013, 12:37 AM
MentalMuffinMan

Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by NEW INTERIORS View Post
I feel sorry for our kids..
yup.. but remember the depression made people very hardy..
somehow that got lost..
I think the kids today will be like those in '29 and the cycle will start again..
Old 02-21-2013, 01:07 AM

Last photo:

We have elected officials that put profits ahead of common sense it's all about the $$$ When I retired I invested some of my 401K in oil and gas exploration stocks in the Bakkan the amount of oil being produced has been on a steady increase but rather than refine it here and keep our prices at the pump lower here at home we now import our oil to foreign interests and the highest bidder.You know the pipeline that was in the news a while back? I recently invested in pipeline stocks which pay a great dividend like LINN Energy,many of those completed pipelines will go to domestic shipping ports because if we did not Canada was going to increase their pipeline for exporting.The foreign oil they speak of? Our number 1 supplier is Canada
Old 02-21-2013, 02:48 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valkyrie5.7 View Post
There's a reason lame-duck Buick stayed when many other more exciting brands with potential (Saturn, Pontiac, etc) got axed. Buicks sell in china. Retool a couple eurocars to sell here with waterfall front ends and you've got yourself some invisible badge-engineering.
To add to your statement: I was working at Buick Opel in Europe for a month doing machine repair and its the main design department for GMC Buick and Cady that was part of the reason the decision was made to keep Buick and stop production of others!

Jester

Could The Cadillac XTS Serve As Opel’s New Flagship?
Providing Opel escapes its current financial troubles, could the company eventually launch a model beyond its current range-topper, the mid-size Insignia? According to latest... July 24, 2012 by Viknesh Vijayenthiran

GM Mulls Deeper Ties With PSA Peugeot Citroen, Could Form Joint Venture: Report:
In March of this year General Motors made the surprise move of forming an alliance with PSA Peugeot Citroen by purchasing seven percent of the French automaker’s stock... October 15, 2012 by Viknesh Vijayenthiran

Opel Designer Appointed Design Chief Of Buick And Cadillac
As General Motors celebrates the 85th anniversary of its GM Design organization, which today employs more than 1,900 talented designers in 10 advanced studios located around the wold June 19, 2012 by Viknesh Vijayenthiran
Old 02-21-2013, 08:04 AM

Last photo:

president day sales

personally i didn't like the last holiday sales promotions of
honda, toyota, hundi and other imports.. it just didn't make since to me why they would put up sales.. do we do the same in other countries.. the prez day should be for the big 3 in this country, not the outside coming in.. maybe its just me but i didn't like it... my next veh will be FORD first and dodge 2nd.
no more GM's.
Old 02-21-2013, 10:28 AM
TAKE A KID TO A CAR SHOW

Last journal entry: 360 mopar
Last photo:

Russian Ford production plant!!!

MOSCOW, March, 23, 2011 – The 400000th Russian-built Ford Focus rolled off the production line today at the Ford plant in Vsevolozhsk.

Jan 17, 2012 – ST. PETERSBURG, Russian Federation, January 17, 2012 – The 500000th vehicle rolled off the production line today at the Ford Sollers plant.

In May 1929 the Soviet Union signed an agreement with the Ford Motor Company. Under its terms, the Soviets agreed to purchase $13 million worth of automobiles and parts, while Ford agreed to give technical assistance until 1938 to construct an integrated automobile-manufacturing plant at Nizhny Novgorod. Production started on January 1, 1932, and the factory and marque was titled Nizhegorodsky Avtomobilny Zavod, or NAZ, but also displayed the "Ford" sign. GAZ's first vehicle was the medium-priced Ford Model A, sold as the NAZ-A, and a light truck, the Ford Model AA (NAZ-AA). NAZ-A production commenced in 1932 and lasted until 1936, during which time over 100,000 examples were built!
In 2011 GAZ Group achieved the highest results in the history of the company in terms of net profit, net profit margin, and revenue per employee. In 2011 the revenue of the company increased by 37%, EBITDA – by 49%, and net profit – by 4 times. The company’s revenue in 2011 was $4.1 billion, the company earned $264 million of net profit.

In 2011 Bo Andersson received Automotive Executive of the Year Award at the International Automotive Forum organized by Adam Smith Institute, and was named a Eurostar of automotive industry in the emerging market category by the Automotive News Europe Magazine for achievements in model range renewal, establishment of cooperation between GAZ Group and leading international automakers, and positive financial results of the company in 2010.

Man!! You just can,t win

Any one going to buy from Chrysler Now LOL ROTFLMAO

Jester
Old 02-21-2013, 10:38 AM
Brian Martin,Freelance adviser

Last photo:

Thanked 1,327 Times in 1,151 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by delawarebill View Post
personally i didn't like the last holiday sales promotions of
honda, toyota, hundi and other imports.. it just didn't make since to me why they would put up sales.. do we do the same in other countries.. the prez day should be for the big 3 in this country, not the outside coming in.. maybe its just me but i didn't like it... my next veh will be FORD first and dodge 2nd.
no more GM's.
Those ads ticked me off. I am sorry but it will be a cold day in hell I have one of those emblems in my driveway.

Brian

Recent Hotrodders' Lounge posts with photos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name (usually not your first and last name), your email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.
Email Address:

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.