Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 350 build
Thread: Chevy 350 build
View Single Post
Old 08-11-2003, 08:49 AM
Just one of the guys

Last journal entry: Garage Toys
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

The old 1 post, jump in and get your feet soaked. If you've never rebuilt an engine before, once you get it tore down you need to have the block cleaned then inspected. That determines which direction you are going to go. If you don't have the money to do it properly then you might as well just hand the money to someone else as the engine will give out a few miles down the road. What kind of money do you have to work with. If you only have a couple of hundred bucks give up the idea of pushing 400 horses out of it 'cuz it ain't gonna happen. At fifteen years old, you better concentrate on getting a good job and saving up some money and get things done right. I hate to sound like I'm preaching but I've seen so many things headed for the scrap heap because someone had some smoke blowed up their patoot by one of their buds saying that their car is pushing 500 horses because they put a cam and a 4 barrel on it. Grab some mags, read up on what it takes to rebuild an engine, go by the book, spend your money wisely, and give up on the 400 horses with a hone job and a cam.