Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - Chevy 350 engine swap motor mount question
View Single Post
Old 06-04-2007, 03:53 PM
Analog man in a digital world.

Last journal entry: HEI comparison.
Last photo:
Wiki Edits: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by 78transam
Hello guys, Ive just bought my chevy 350 , I planning to drop it into my 1978 firebird. I am finally getting to swap out the problematic 231 v6 for this 350 chevy. The engine comes with the TH350 but my current concern is the engine mounts.
The mount brackets are already attached to the 350, but what mounts do I need for the cross member?

The 350 was from a 1974 camaro. Are there any differences in mounts that I need to be aware of?

Thanks guys.
The '74 Camaro should have the clamshell style mounts like the '78 so try setting the 350 down on the 231 mounts, they probbaly won't line up but.......... If not remove the rubber mounts for the 231 from the crossmember and bolt them to the brackets bolted to the block and then set it in place, the correct mounting holes should already be in the front crossmember and it should just be a matter of lining the mounts with the holes and bolting it down. It's been that way on every 70's GM I've ever messed with. I replaced the 231 in a '77 Buick Regal with an Olds 350 and that's how I did it on that one. A little wiggling with a drift punch and BAM they were right on target.