Hot Rod Forum : Hotrodders Bulletin Board - View Single Post - chevy 350 hesitation
View Single Post
Old 06-25-2004, 10:08 PM

Wiki Edits: 0

chevy 350 hesitation

I have had this car for 4 years without a problem and now they have started.....The points went bad and i replaced them It ran great for about a week and then it started running bad. It felt like it was missing or something. so i put new plugs in it. That didn't help so a new rotor and cap, then i decided i wanted and electronic ignition anyway so i installed one of them(pertronix and a flamethrower2 coil). now it still is running bad and won't go over 4000rpm. Feels like it has a governor on it. I check my spacing between the module and the magnetic ring and im between the .01 and .06 at about .03. I had to shim the distributor to hold it in between that tolerance. When you get in it and start it its real smooth then start to accelerate and it has an hesitation and a certain spot in the pedal then it will smooth out a little then start jerking or missing or something further down in the pedal. Does anyone have any ideas?????

chevy 350
muncie 4 speed
600 cfm Holley double pumper